Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need help with new X19

I just bought a 2020 X19 with the 200 SHO. First, let me say that the boat fishes great. Plenty of storage, dry ride, and room to move around. I just can’t get the performance out of it that I should. It has a 25p powertech vmax prop on it with a 10” manual jackplate. I’ve raised the motor to 3 1/2” prop to pad and can only turn 4900 rpm at 58 mph. Someone please help. Nowhere that I’ve called has any good suggestions.
    Last edited by Bencory87; 07-27-2020 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Need to add jackplate

Rothwell marine can help you with the new prop youll need to get it running right. And they have a prop trade option if you need to fine tune it. I cant believe dealers send em out with those these days. Youll probably need to tweak on your weld bead on the back but thatll come later once you get your prop. Also make sure the boat sits level when sitting still. You may need ballast (200lbs in some cases)

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    You need to ditch the powertech and get a 24p VMAX SHO or 25p Bravo XS or FS with all of the holes plugged. With the SHO prop set your ptp around 2-3/4”. The Bravo likes to be a little higher than that. Also make sure your throttle linkage is adjusted properly so that you actually getting full throttle. As was mentioned you might need to adjust the anti porpoising beads at the transom. They were costing me almost 4mph on my 2018 X19. Also double check how you are measuring ptp. Pretty sure these boats come out of the factory at 3-1/2” ptp. So if you went up you’re probably a little higher.

4. Member
    Mine came from the factory at 4 1/2” ptp. I don’t have any problems with holeshot or porpoising. I’ve read in numerous places that the pt props are junk, but I’ve called three prop/marine shops that sing their praises. I’m confused

Quote Originally Posted by Bencory87 View Post
    Mine came from the factory at 4 1/2” ptp. I don’t have any problems with holeshot or porpoising. I’ve read in numerous places that the pt props are junk, but I’ve called three prop/marine shops that sing their praises. I’m confused
    PT gets called junk on here for a reason, they don't preform as expected on an Xpress boat. I went from a PT copy of the SHO prop to a Turbo FXP both are marked 25P and gained 10mph. I get much more lift out of the Turbo than I do the PT. My old Ranger and Mercury motor ran a PT better than expected. I cant explain the physics behind this YMMV.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

6. Member
    I’ll soon be getting another prop 👍🏼

Dealers install them because its the easy route. They come in the rod box, and they are fine for 99% of the customers that buy.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

8. Member
    What’s my chances on finding a fxp?

9. Member
    A regular txp will be just as good as the fxp. Anything will be better than the pt. A bravo xs 25-26 tempest 25 txp/fxp 25 but They are stiff props to turn so you want to prop it out to 6000 wot. That’s a 70+ rig all day with a little setup and seat time. Congrats on the new rig too brother.
    2015 X19 200 SHO

Tro4power tech was my fastest prop.
    Tried many it was best for me.
    I tried several trophy revved quicker not lacked the last 1.5 mph the power tech had.
    1998 bullet 20xd 2006 225 sport xs

11. Member
    On a bullet or xpress?

12. Member
    Another question : lab or stock finish?

Get a bravo xs or a fury 4. Stock finish. Lab isnt necessary.

14. Member
    I raised my motor another 1/2” and got 62 at 5100 rpm, so I’m sure when I get a different prop I’ll see the real performance of my rig

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bencory87 View Post
    I raised my motor another 1/2” and got 62 at 5100 rpm, so I’m sure when I get a different prop I’ll see the real performance of my rig
    I have a 2017 and that’s almost exactly where I am too. I’ve seen 63 once before. Kinda disappointing but I guess I need to eventually spring for a new prop.

16. Member
    Do you have a sho? And if so what’s your water pressure look like?

17. Member
    I just bought an X19 with the 200 SHO 2 weeks ago. Break in done. PowerTech VMX3 25pcame on boat. Best I got out of it was 63 mph @ 5600 rmp. Not a smooth ride over 60 mph. I have read enough on BBC about the Turbo FXP 25p to buy one ( $600 price ), but have not found one available. My water pressure WOT is 16ish.

18. Member
    You may want to consider looking into adjusting the hotfoot as well. I just bought a 2020 X21 and I am only hitting 5,000 rpm top end. My hotfoot stops pushing the motor rpm's up about 3/4" of the way. So, I think I have too much play. I plan on trying different props as well. My X21 has the same motor with the same prop as you.

19. Member
    Check your throttle adjustment on motor. Have someone push pedal down full throttle and make sure your WOT mark lines up. Mine wasn’t right from factory. Gained 400 rpm after adjusting
    2015 X19 200 SHO

20. Member
    I swapped that PT prop to the FXP and what a difference it made!! I am up to 5800 rpm now. I will look into the throttle adjustment and see what I can do there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast