Hot foot and hand throttle?

Picked up a used boat with a hot foot. It has been years since I've owned a boat with a hot foot. Now getting boat squared away and upgraded and updated, so it will be a a couple months before I can use boat. Can you use both the hot foot and hand throttle? The last boat I had with a hot foot I thought I could use both, and it was way easier to dock and trailer the boat with the hand throttle over the hot foot.

There was a company in the 1990's that made a unit where you could use either the hand or foot throttle. But, with the Hot Foot brand, it's a foot throttle only.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    There was a company in the 1990's that made a unit where you could use either the hand or foot throttle. But, with the Hot Foot brand, it's a foot throttle only.
    Land and Sea used to make one and there was also another I believe was called In-control. Seems no one wants to build them because of liability issues. You may be able to find something used if you search really hard. Also was/is an european co making them for racing, but very expensive and hard to locate.

4. Banned
    Had a land and sea on a 86 Champion awesome setup hardly ever used the hot foot but it was there if you wanted it.

Land and Sea...That was the company name that I couldn't think of!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

6. Member
    My 2018 verado 250 has a button (near the hand control) you press to go from hotfoot to hand control. It is very useful. I asked a boat dealer if you could order that on the new 4 stroke Pro XS and he said he thought that you could.

7. Member
    I've been using the same Land & Sea in three different boats for over 25 years. It still works perfectly . . . and NO I won't sell it to you. If you could find a used one I would have no qualms about installing it. There's a used one on Ebay right now for $15 + $45 shipping. Looks like it doesn't have any of the throttle cables but I'm sure you can order those.