Thread: Scalping

Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar

Scalping

I’m about ready to close all long positions and just scalp. The volatility overnight and over the weekends is great if your on the right side, I just have had hell swinging lately. Market bullish and by the next morning bearish and I’m losing my ass. I have day traded some daily options and have been killing it there. My long positions look like hell.

anyone else here just dayy trading and not swinging as of late?

2. Member
    Yep, my swings have really turned into trash too. I'm still holding one instead of selling it at a loss, but I've basically quit swinging for now. Just sticking to daytrades and it's going well. Of course KNOS today I sold way too quickly when a target was hit and missed a ton of money. Story of my trading life lately, it's been happening to me a ton

3. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Man I played spy like a fiddle. Bought 321 call for Friday last Friday, sold at morning high and bought 322 put for today. Sold that at low and felt like I actually knew what the hell I was doing. Closed that out and immediately bought a 325 call for Friday and it’s looking pretty good pending all night. Unfortunately, I took a position Friday (large) in PCG, planning to flip this morning. Got so caught up in SPY, I forgot about PCG. After I bought my last 325 call on SPY, I flipped over and about shit a brick. All gains from spy got eaten by the PCG dump. Man last time I looked I was itm by .15 or so and felt confident. Gotta pay attention dang it.

4. Member
    With the big tech earnings this week the options market will probably be crazy. I could very well be wrong but I think Apple may surprise to the upside. Was tempted to sell another call but things could get crazy depending on the earnings this week.

5. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Thursday gonna be interesting for sure with the big names all deciding to put earnings release out then. I’ve been burned so many times on earnings I’m getting to the point where it feels like a lotto play every time. I honestly swear now that robin hood is so big, I feel like blue board stock earnings is just like an otc play. Sell the news every time lately. Tons of beats so far and they all sell off immediately. My strategy evolves constantly because some of the old sure things just don’t get it done anymore.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    Man I played spy like a fiddle. Bought 321 call for Friday last Friday, sold at morning high and bought 322 put for today. Sold that at low and felt like I actually knew what the hell I was doing. Closed that out and immediately bought a 325 call for Friday and it’s looking pretty good pending all night. Unfortunately, I took a position Friday (large) in PCG, planning to flip this morning. Got so caught up in SPY, I forgot about PCG. After I bought my last 325 call on SPY, I flipped over and about shit a brick. All gains from spy got eaten by the PCG dump. Man last time I looked I was itm by .15 or so and felt confident. Gotta pay attention dang it.
    Dang man, I hate that.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    Thursday gonna be interesting for sure with the big names all deciding to put earnings release out then. I’ve been burned so many times on earnings I’m getting to the point where it feels like a lotto play every time. I honestly swear now that robin hood is so big, I feel like blue board stock earnings is just like an otc play. Sell the news every time lately. Tons of beats so far and they all sell off immediately. My strategy evolves constantly because some of the old sure things just don’t get it done anymore.
    Yeah, that gets on my nerves. Why can't stocks just do what they're supposed to?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NitroZ7 View Post
    With the big tech earnings this week the options market will probably be crazy. I could very well be wrong but I think Apple may surprise to the upside. Was tempted to sell another call but things could get crazy depending on the earnings this week.
    I also would not be surprised to see AAPL with a surprise the the upside, but who knows at this point.