Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fly by night View Post
    Another vote for the NAPA battery.
    I bought this on y’all’s recommendation and it’s a damn good battery.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leethefishking View Post
    I bought this on y’all’s recommendation and it’s a damn good battery.
    Yes, referring to the Napa, these commercial batteries work well in a bass boat, contrary to what some of the experts say. They are relabelled Deka/East Penn commercial batteries and to my knowledge, are the only wet batteries with ccas exceeding specs high enough for an Optimax and typical accessories that we use. JCI also makes some commercial batteries that will work. I used them in my Optis with good success before I got the 4S which now requires me to use an AGM.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

3. Member
    X 2 in mine. HDs 12 and 7. 2 pumps and stereo all charged from a dual pro that has 2 bank lithium profile. X 2 used to have 5 yr warranty but is 4 now. It starts quicker than ever since replacing the optima i had before. Order on line an pick up in store will save ya some cash. It is expensive but your problem will be solved. Period

4. Member
    So, I have a Napa and a Sam's club. Which battery? 150 Opti running a 9 and 12 Carbon plus an Echomap with Livescope.

5. Member
    Been using the napa for a while. So far its been great. I would have went with an AGM but they are not recommended for the 2 stroke Yamahas charging system.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

6. Member
    Nevermind-misread part of post.
    Last edited by PMantle; 08-03-2020 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Misread post/topic.

7. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Batteries plus x2 31 agm.
    love this battery!
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KenHo View Post
    And I have 3 Interstates in mine that are going on 4 years old and are working great. The last set went 5 years and were still doing OK.

5-7 years out of my interstates easily???
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

9. Member
    Great for the trolling motor, but not enough CCA’s for the big Mercury’s which require a minimum of 1000 CCA’s. Ran them for a few months and started having issues.

10. Member
    Are any of you charging an AGM along with wet on the same charger?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Are any of you charging an AGM along with wet on the same charger?
    I’m curious about this too. My trolling batteries are wet cell and need a new cranking battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    Batteries plus x2 31 agm.
    +1

13. Member
    I have a relatively new 33 Interstate Gel that has just gone bad. One of the reasons is that I have a 10 year old Minn Kota wet charger that fried the gel battery. Gel and AMG batteries need to be charged slow.
    I would suggest a newer precision charger that has different settings for wet, gel cell and lithium. That way you can upgrade in the future without changing chargers. I will have to get a new charger if I want to replace my bad battery with another gel or lithium.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    I’m curious about this too. My trolling batteries are wet cell and need a new cranking battery.
    I could not wait, as I've been under batteried on my crank, and was at Sam's today. I bought the Duracell AGM 31. Hope to install tonight and plug in the charger.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davisd55 View Post
    Great for the trolling motor, but not enough CCA’s for the big Mercury’s which require a minimum of 1000 CCA’s. Ran them for a few months and started having issues.
    Not a surprise. It is a gamble with an Opti and Sam's Duracell 31 AGM with its 800 ccas. The X2 is a far superior battery, but twice the price with much longer warranty.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Funy how sometimes a man gets a good run on a group of batteries.

I picked up 2 grouo 31's and a cranky at Wally World, and they have impressed me at their longevity....

1998 Stratos 285 Pro
    1989 Evinrude XP 150(E150STLCEM)(08199802)
    2004 Ford Explorer NBX V8
    1998 Jeep XJ 4.0L V6
    House Cat named Patches
    Remington 700, Old Cooey 12 gauge, A lot of Fishing Rods
    Some tools, garden hose with outboard attachment, 3 crow decoys, 8 Track Tape player,
    A Billy Bass, and clothing from the 80's.

17. Member
    Installed my Duracell 31 today. Holy cow that was hard. It didn't fit as nicely as the previous battery, but I eventually got the top of the battery tray to tighten down. Charging now for trip tomorrow.

18. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I run the NAPA'S on my 250 Evinrude and Ulterra troller....for two years so far and never pulled them down below 80% trollers hang in there fishing below the dam all day long.....

Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Installed my Duracell 31 today. Holy cow that was hard. It didn't fit as nicely as the previous battery, but I eventually got the top of the battery tray to tighten down. Charging now for trip tomorrow.
    To bad, the Napa battery mentioned above is a far superior battery at about the same price. The one you got is an absolute minimum CCA for an optimax motor and very similar to what you had
    This may not be a battery problem at all, could be you just need to install the proper size wiring going to your units
    Thank You Leon Pugh

20. Member
    31 AGM Duracell from Sam's. I have the same engine as you and had the same problem with graphs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast