Thread: ultrex problems

ultrex problems

I have a 2017 921 PHX and believe the Ultrex came on the boat when it was new. I am the second owner. Yesterday I lost the power electric steering 20 minutes into my TX!!!! The foot pedal wouldn't move. The spot lock would come on but, the steering wouldn't work. I could turn the head of the shaft by hand and the pedal would move up and down, so I assume the cables are fine. Is there a way to tell if I need just the foot sensor pedal board or the main board. I couldn't turn the motor with the remote either. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jim

2. Member
    I’ve had the cables go out on mine and the board. When the board went out the foot pedal was “bricked” and wouldn’t budge. When the cables broke the foot pedal was loose and flimsy. In terms of which board you need? No clue. Get on YouTube plenty of videos on both topics. If you take it to a shop for the board to be replaced just have them do the cables too. If you don’t and they’ve never been replaced you will be back at the shop eventually. The version 1 of cables were junk!

Is the little blue light still on? That switch has been a week spot on these motors. If it is the switch you can disconnect one of the wires from the "spade" it is attached to on the bottom of the switch and that should "re open" the circuit.
    Have not had to do it myself but have been told it works.
    Hope that helps

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

4. Member
    Does the remote work??

5. Member
    Contact MK, they extended the warranty to 3 years on the Ultrex due to so many problems. Find your local service center and take it to him.

6. Member
    the remote only runs the motor still no steering.

7. Member
    Mine was doing same thing. Just dropped it off at service center. I’m assuming it’s the sensor board

8. Member
    Just got mine back last week, did not lose power, prop would not turn at all. Found the lowers head unit full of water, MK covered under warranty. Took 3 weeks to get fixed.
    Frank Haysley
    2022 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    HDS Live 12's

I was an earlier adopter of the Ultrex 112. I've had the main board in the foot pedal go out twice. HB covered both under warranty, but diagnosing the issue the first time was a pain. As the issue became more prevalent, the second time the board went out, it was immediately replaced, no questions asked....