1999 Skeeter ZX185 setup. 2020 Sho 150.

I got a 2020 Sho 150 put on my Skeeter. I am wondering what people are setting their P2P at. I put my old prop on my sho that was on my Yamaha 2 stroke 150. I was having troubles with my hole shot with a full gas tank and full live wells. Then I bought a 4 blade 21 pitch and it does pretty good but I still want my 3 blade 23 pitch to work for better top end speed. My P2P is about 4 inches. My distance from my anti ventilation plate to the pad is about 6 inches. The first time I had my Sho on rough water with my 3 blade prop It lost its grip a couple times and fell off plane. This didn’t happen with my 4 blade but I could tell it was close to losing grip. Any help/info would be great

2. Member
    Probably gonna have to run a non vented prop with the sho and a bigger diameter. I would guess ptp would be 3 1/2 to start. What skeeter did you put this on?
    Nick McDaniel

3. Member
    The boat is a ZX185c. I tried a bigger diameter 3 blade with a 22 pitch. I think the diameter was 15 something. But it was not good at all. RPMs were on the low end and struggled on hole shot. Does a non vented prop really help hole shot that much?
    Last edited by Tyler Skeeter; 07-28-2020 at 08:58 AM.

4. Member
    From what I've read... it does. I cant remember off the top of my head what it does to the motor. Most that I have read about run a 22 pitch non vented prop for best holeshot and turn 6k rpms.
    Nick McDaniel

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Skeeter View Post
    I got a 2020 Sho 150 put on my Skeeter. I am wondering what people are setting their P2P at. I put my old prop on my sho that was on my Yamaha 2 stroke 150. I was having troubles with my hole shot with a full gas tank and full live wells. Then I bought a 4 blade 21 pitch and it does pretty good but I still want my 3 blade 23 pitch to work for better top end speed. My P2P is about 4 inches. My distance from my anti ventilation plate to the pad is about 6 inches. The first time I had my Sho on rough water with my 3 blade prop It lost its grip a couple times and fell off plane. This didn’t happen with my 4 blade but I could tell it was close to losing grip. Any help/info would be great

i would try a 24 or 25 tempest for a 3 blade and a 23-25 trophy for a 4 blade.
    on the tempest plug off all the holes solid pvs plugs. For the trophy maybe use the exhaust ring and try plugging off all the holes to start then go from there. On a zx190 150 sho with 24 tempest 64mph at 6100rpms. Max rpm is 6k so a 25 would have cranked out a bit more. Ran a 25 trophy on zx185 with pro vmax150 added hydraulic steering and could get 66mph at 6000rpm.
    if you have a manual jackplate i would start about 3.5 inches below pad and go up from there keep an eye on water psi. The sho doesnt really need a vented prop. Good luck