Bent prop shaft? Machine shop can fix it?

Hi there

Found out my df200 has a bent prop shaft. now I WOULD have bought a new one, except for the fact that it takes about 3 months to come into canada. so Time to straighten the one I have. It's not terribly bent, but my poor bearings want it fixed lol. I definitely will take the LU apart and take the shaft out, my question is, if I take it to a machine shop will they be able to straighten it? Pulling apart a LU and putting together is doable for me, ive put them together before and they ran and did not blow up or make shavings so i'm pretty confident I can pull this one apart lol.

Team marine in La Crosse, WI does this for ones that are tweaked so I don't see why they couldn't. Just find the appropriate shop or reach out to Andy and see if you can send it to him to get it fixed. Heck he might even have a new one in stock.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Ok thanks. Just found a well known prop shop that can do it for me (kawartha marine)

alright, got my shaft back, they got it within 0.0005" (yes, 3 zeros after the dot) for $180. much faster than getting a new one and cheaper as well. Just put the lower together and I will give it a test.