Prop suggestions - 200 HP VMAX on X19

She's not new, 99 200 Vmax, stuffer plates and custom reeds (Chris Carson Marine). Hydraulic jack plate with 2" spacers for a total setback of 8". Usually seems to run best with PTP about 3-4". Boat is a 2001 Xpress X19. Hull is in decent shape, no really goofy bends or anything on the pad area. Currently running a 15" X 23" 3 blade scorpion with adjustable PVS, open slightly. Runs 57.8 MPH @ 6400 RPM, Water pressure is consistently higher around 20 PSI or more. Working with a local prop shop and we're trying to get a 4 blade 25" he sells Solas so, looking at the LR4. I tried a 23P 4 blade 23P LR4 and loved the response and stability. She ran 6200 RPM and 55 MPH. Just looking for some opinions here. FYI, bow rides low on this particular boat setup, better with the 2" spacers, but feels like it could use a little more bow lift. As much as it would be fun to run as fast as this rig can go, most important thing is getting the right combination for consistency, longevity and efficiency. Assuming I want to get my RPM down to 6000 or so... Thanks in advance folks...

2. Member
    A Bravo 1 XS 25 P should run good on your boat.
    2020 Triton 18 TRX
    Tournament Fishing Package
    2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8 Serial # 2B588923
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80# I Pilot Link
    Hi Jacker EZ 6" Jack Plate
    Bravo 1 FS 24 Pitch Prop
    Humminbird Helix 7 SI GPS CHIRP G2 Bow
    Humminbird Helix 7 CHIRP MEGA GPS DI G3 Console
    Trick Step Boarding Steps
    RMP Engine Support

3. Member
    First off, you got a TON of slip for some reason ...... or a tachometer that is way off.

I used to run a X19 w/ 200 HPDI VMax (2.6L version, not the big block) on a 10" Bob's Action and could easily turn a 25" Trophy w/cav ring into the mid-to-upper 60's loaded. My typical PTP height was 3.5". I also used to run a 25" TXP (3 blade) and a 25" Tempest. Both props ran about the same speed, but the Trophy did a better job all around. Big block 200's are always good for more top end on these boats, some more than others.

You might try the Xpress board down below. Lots of guys still running X19's on that board.

Good Luck!
    -391v
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    A Bravo 1 XS 25 P should run good on your boat.
    Thanks!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    First off, you got a TON of slip for some reason ...... or a tachometer that is way off.

I used to run a X19 w/ 200 HPDI VMax (2.6L version, not the big block) on a 10" Bob's Action and could easily turn a 25" Trophy w/cav ring into the mid-to-upper 60's loaded. My typical PTP height was 3.5". I also used to run a 25" TXP (3 blade) and a 25" Tempest. Both props ran about the same speed, but the Trophy did a better job all around. Big block 200's are always good for more top end on these boats, some more than others.

You might try the Xpress board down below. Lots of guys still running X19's on that board.

Good Luck!
    -391v
    Thanks man! I did my best to make sure the tach was on... Could be off, but certainly lower RPM is right in step. As far as slip, I wondered about gear ratio for that model, this is the straight up carbed, 2 stroke Vmax 200, no HPDI, not OX66 99 P200TLRX. Got he motor running well after some work, but only 8" total setback. I agree, she's not performing like she should, no doubt. I figured I should be able to turn a 25" prop easily. I already have posted in the Xpress group, just thought I'd get the "prop gurus" take as well..

6. Member
    Yea, 8" vs 10" setback isn't the smoking gun in this situation ....... as long as you've got the PTP set between 3" and 4" below the pad. Personally, I found that the only time I could start running closer to 3" was when I was at the upper RPM range. My boat liked it when I left the jackplate alone between 3.5" and 4" for the majority of my fishing ...... which is everything under 4000'ish RPM.

I'm sure you've already checked, but when I see high prop slip numbers on these hulls, it's usually a running surface issue (weld causing air, not level, etc) or the prop. I would try to get a clean (non-molested) prop like a Tempest, Trophy or Yamaha Pro Series and see what it does. If the RPM's are still high and speeds low, then it's got to be a hull or tachometer issue.

Also, I'm pretty sure that motor of yours is a 2.6L. Just FYI as it's really hard to keep up with the big blocks on these X19's when comparing numbers. But I do agree that your numbers are way off. You should be in the mid-60's without much effort.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci