Ultrex spot lock help

Went fishing today and noticed when I use my spot lock on my Ultrex, when I try to use the buttons to reposition myself 5 feet in any direction, it just shuts the spot lock off. Everything else seems to work fine, I tried shutting the power off and turn it back on and even going back to factory default settings, no help. I can hit the anchor button and it works and holds fine, but if I touch the buttons to move it forward backwards left or right it just shuts the spot lock off. anybody have any suggestions what this might be or how I can correct it? Thank you

2. Member
    I'd try to re-pair the remote. WAG. but best idea I've got.

I assume you have checked and made sure nothing is interfering with pedal movement.

3. Member
    Heading sensor installed and paired?

Your heading sensor is either not paired, calibrated or has no power
    "The handicapped angler"

5. Member
    So if the heading sensor is not communicating the actual spot lock would still work? Every other function works except for the left/ right/ forward and backward spot luck function. Thank you very much for the suggestions and advice, very much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    So if the heading sensor is not communicating the actual spot lock would still work? Every other function works except for the left/ right/ forward and backward spot luck function. Thank you very much for the suggestions and advice, very much appreciated.
    Pretty much describes what the puck does...pair it again.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

That is correct

The actual GPS antenna is in the head of the motor

The heading sensor is only a magnetic compass

Spotlock only needs a GPS signal/location to keep you in one spot

It needs the heading sensor to know what direction is Left, right and so on to be able to jog left, right…..
    "The handicapped angler"

8. Member
    Thanks everybody, next time I’m on the water I will re- Pair heading sensor, hopefully that’s it, will
    lost results.

Thanks everybody, next time I’m on the water I will re- Pair heading sensor, hopefully that’s it, will
    lost results.
    I don't think you have to be on the water to do so. I did mine in the shop and seems to work just fine.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    I don't think you have to be on the water to do so. I did mine in the shop and seems to work just fine.
    Yes you can Pair the sensor while stowed

but you may have to calibrate the sensor again and has to be done on the water
    "The handicapped angler"

Check around the speed control knob (cables, debris, etc.) When spot lock tries to move position, the pedal moves and if anything is touching the speed control knob, the knob will move ever so slightly, shutting off spot lock.

Ask me how I know about this!
    MCPO

I never backlash, but each time I go fishing I practice fixing them, just in case I ever do really backlash.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCPO View Post
    Check around the speed control knob (cables, debris, etc.) When spot lock tries to move position, the pedal moves and if anything is touching the speed control knob, the knob will move ever so slightly, shutting off spot lock.

Ask me how I know about this!
    My strap got stuck under my pedal. I guess when the pedal went down to turn the motor it couldn't go down far enough and tripped off the spot lock.
    2020 Vexus AVX 1880
    Evinrude E-Tec 135 HO
    Ultrex
    Lowrance

13. Member
    I’m on the water now, unfortunately I forgot my tool bag in the back of my pick up. Anyway the little puck up front is not flashing the power light, so I don’t think there’s any power to it. I’m guessing it should be flashing the light occasionally? Also my remote does not give me the option so it’s not seeing it. I can pair of the trolling motor but it does not give me any option to hook up with the puck. Either lost power or I have a bad puck I guess? Can’t believe I left my tools in my truck, oh well I’ll do it at the boat dock.

14. Member
    Yes, it should be flashing if it’s paired.

15. Member
    Update, I grabbed an ohm meter and verified power and it’s good. So I unhooked the clips from the little circuit board, stripped them out of the crimped connectors, Applied power to the leads and it works. Turns out one of my crimp connectors must’ve been bad.