Nitro z8 won’t plane out

I have a 2013 nitro z8 250 pro xs with 2 power poles and 36volt
    Ultrex. When the live wells are full the boat won’t plane out and when they are empty I’m only getting around 60mph it has a 26p prop.

2. Member
    u r over pitched u need a 27 pitch bravo 1 xs which is light for pitch acts like a 25 pitch tempest

I have a 25 p tempest+ it's slow to get up when full. But still runs 68 in the heat of summer I'd recommend a 24 tempest or 26 bravo. For summer.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    I’m not a speed freak by no means but I figured it should run faster than that

5. Member
    3 or 4 blades

6. Member
    the bravo1 xs 8 pvs holes will run about 3/4 inch higher and will give u lots of bow lift with a little stern lift it will carry the boat much better i had a 2012 z8 250 pro xs this was my prop of choice ran 74 ish bymyself 72 with partner loaded ptp 3 inches also get trim extenders they really helped me leave 4 holes completely open close 2 solid target3800-4000 holeshot rpm

The tempest is a 3 blade. And is ok, the bravo is decided the best prop for the z8, 26-28p depending on temperature and load, for you I'd try a 26 being your on the slow end. Assuming your reaching full throttle and have good spark plugs fresh fuel filter and have no issues with the motor.

They make a few bravo props I am not schooled in this, but you need the one that has pvs holes built it. I think the Four-stroke model does not.

what was it running? anything else going, engine running rough? Maybe your down a cylinder, when is the last time u changed the fuel filter? Or any maintenance.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

10. Member
    I just got the boat. All the test was good the motor and everything runs good 125 across all cylinders

11. Member
    I have a 2011 Z8 with a 2018 ProXS 2S...

What RPM are you running at Wide Open Throttle (WOT)?

Are you running a Hotfoot or hand throttle? Need to make sure you are getting WOT and nothing is blocking or Hotfoot is out of adjustment.

Do you know if you are getting WOT? Need to check the throttle position to make sure with Hotfoot/Hand Throttle are getting to WOT.

Are you running a fixed jackplate or adjustable?

I run a 27 Bravo and a 25 Fury 3 - 5700-5950rpm on MercMonitor app - upper 60s-70. My 2018 ProXS 2S - was a little short on WOT but I adjusted it and picked up a few hundred RPM - definitely something to check. I don't have Poles/Talons - but my boat is very load sensitive if I run heavy it really hurts top end. Related top end is similar between the 2 props but they handle and feel very different when running. Bravo feels like it has more lift and grip in turns while the 27 feels lighter/faster - but really isn't.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

12. Member
    Agree with Jonathan, where's your RPM's at? Does your trim seem to be working correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by Evanp2333 View Post
    I just got the boat. All the test was good the motor and everything runs good 125 across all cylinders
    I would immediately change plugs, fuel filter, and check the strainer. If your not running good #s on the top end then that prolly has something to do with your holeshot. I would think a 26 would be able to get some good speed numbers on that boat, but it may not be the right prop for all round performance.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team