Thread: Coldwater lakes

Coldwater lakes

I’m heading to north lake and the chain of lakes connected in cold water. Does anyone have a fishing report for this area? Also what species can I expect to catch. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebass View Post
    I’m heading to north lake and the chain of lakes connected in cold water. Does anyone have a fishing report for this area? Also what species can I expect to catch. Thank you.
    Coldwater and Marble at the far end you can catch smallmouth. I would be extremely careful on Coldwater. You can go from 40 ft of water to 1 foot of water in just a few feet. Make sure you are aware of all the sand bars on that lake. It hasn't been taking much weight to win the tournaments there the last few weeks. It's a busy chain with lots of boaters. The campground off of Marble has some excellent ice cream at the local shop. The chain is known for really good sized bluegill, crappie, and red ear. Lots of pike to be caught in Coldwater. You should be able to catch plenty of bass. It's just going to be challenging to catch the bigger ones. Good luck.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbass201 View Post
    Coldwater and Marble at the far end you can catch smallmouth. I would be extremely careful on Coldwater. You can go from 40 ft of water to 1 foot of water in just a few feet. Make sure you are aware of all the sand bars on that lake. It hasn't been taking much weight to win the tournaments there the last few weeks. It's a busy chain with lots of boaters. The campground off of Marble has some excellent ice cream at the local shop. The chain is known for really good sized bluegill, crappie, and red ear. Lots of pike to be caught in Coldwater. You should be able to catch plenty of bass. It's just going to be challenging to catch the bigger ones. Good luck.
    i don’t think I’m on actual cold water lake. We are in the chain that has Randall, north and cemetery lake. Is that the same chain?

4. Member
    No, Craig , Morrison and Randall are by the Waffle campground. Good fishing for bass and panfish though.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyebass View Post
    i don’t think I’m on actual cold water lake. We are in the chain that has Randall, north and cemetery lake. Is that the same chain?
    That's a good chain to fish. I've had some success in bass tournaments there. However, I just spoke with a friend this week about that chain. They killed all the weeds off and the fishing has been really tough. Good bluegill population and bass population. Fishing is tough when they nuke it. I've always done best on Randall and Cementary. Messenger might be your best bet as they don't always treat the weeds there. Good luck. You could always go down the river on Craig too and find some fish. It's all idle down that way, so it does take some time to travel it.

Quote Originally Posted by nipididee View Post
    No, Craig , Morrison and Randall are by the Waffle campground. Good fishing for bass and panfish though.
    Here are 61 fishing reports from that Chain over the years. Maybe it will help you piece something together before you go. I think the first one is a video I did a couple years ago there.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fish...-reports-f105/

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbass201 View Post
    Here are 61 fishing reports from that Chain over the years. Maybe it will help you piece something together before you go. I think the first one is a video I did a couple years ago there.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/fish...-reports-f105/
    thank you for all the help.

9. Member
    Used to take 15-20lb to win on the north chain. I havent fished a tourny in years there. Last time i did, it took 6lb to win.

Like others have said weed killing has made it hard. I fished off the bank under the us 12 bridge a month ago. Caught 10 or so in about 30 mins. 1 keeper rest where small. All on a ned rig. If you are able to i would go fish some of the smaller lakes in the area that dont have a ton a traffic or pressure. Rose, union, carry all within a short drive. I always fish carry. Ton of bass, some keepers but always thought it was fun to fish the ledges around that lake. Nothing in a summer day to catch 30+

10. Member
    Are there any weekly tournaments going on right now that I may be able to fish. Thought it may be fun to fish one even if it doesn’t take much to win.

11. Member
    https://www.mcgi.state.mi.us/fishingtournaments/

We have to register all tournaments here in Michigan. You can do a serch to see if there is any going on. Plus there shouldnbe contact info.