Thread: Remodeling RV

Remodeling RV

Wife wants to paint the interior of the RV. Good with that. She also mentioned replacing the carpet in the RV with some type of laminate flooring. I have never ripped out carpet and put flooring in a camper. Thoughts ?
    dvl2700

2. Member
    Shouldn't be too hard, but I've never done it before. I do know there's a ton of RV remodel videos on youtube. Might try searching there to see if you can find something that helps. Good luck!!

My RV has the stock vinyl flooring and we just use carpet runners that are cheap and easily replaced. It’s easier to clean laminate flooring and it won’t hold smells if any should occur. Installation shouldn’t be too bad depending on the floor plan of your RV. When they build these things the flooring goes down first then everything gets built on top of it but since you are retro fitting the floor there will be a lot of cutting. The beauty is that you can put down what you want and get it just like you want it. Between carpet and laminate I would choose laminate. I would love to paint the inside of our rig to brighten it up some.

4. Member
    My Mom and Dad replaced all the rug flooring with vinyl and uncomfortable RV furniture with better stuff on several RVs they had.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.