Anyone try a tempest 25p on 721?

Working through diagnosis on my engine to see if my engine is down on power or my prop is no longer true. This season I am down 300rpm and 4 mph from this time last year. I usually run a fury 26p and I swapped over my tempest 25p from my old prop. Brand new condition. I looked like an idiot out there trying to get it on plane. As soon as it wanted to hop up it would blow out. I was having to do circles to try and get it up on step. Not the results I was expecting.
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

2. Member
    I ran a worked 25 tempest. I had a hydraulic plate though so I could adjust it for holes hot. Plus I had a sho. Probably just need to adjust your plate some

3. Member
    I have a hydraulic bobs. The only way I ended up getting on plane was to be at a slight turn and timing the jackplate just right going from 4 to 2. It was terrible.

4. Member
    I ran a worked 25 Tempest until I slung a blade this early spring. I like a Tempest over the Fury but you have to get the Tempest worked. Mine was a carry over that Croxton had done for my TR-21. I have a new one on the way to Mark to be worked now. It comes out of the hole faster than my Fury and holds the bow up better as well. I had 2 small hole PVS plugs and 1 completely open. I have a HYD Jack Plate and I always come out with it all the way up and lower it as soon as the bow starts up. I was also able to run my JP higher with the Tempest over the Fury. When I slung the blade this year after 10 years on that prop I spent a lot of time talking to Mark and we both came to the conclusion that we should work a Tempest again over my Fury. Just my .02 cents
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    I have a hydraulic bobs. The only way I ended up getting on plane was to be at a slight turn and timing the jackplate just right going from 4 to 2. It was terrible.
    What type of plugs do you have in the vent holes? Sounds like it is over vented

6. Member
    I had no plugs in on first take off and it was a pain getting up. At first fishing spot I dug a plug out of the console and put a small hole plug in. I also filled the livewell up so it was harder to get up the rest of the day.

7. Member
    It has to be more than just the prop .

8. Member
    You probably need more plugs. Get all solid plugs and try it. I'm guessing it will be a dog out of the hole with solid plugs but you can take a drill and drill different size holes in the solid plugs to vent them. Just start with a small hole and work your way up. They dont all have to be the same size hole either, so if you feel like it's close just drill one plug a little bigger and try it again. When your over vented it will always blow out.