Ranger Z519/Bravo 1 XS prop slip

Just tried a new bravo 1 xs 25P on my 17’ ranger z519 with pro xs 225. Bought this for a lake i fish a lot that is narrow and S shaped thats extremely rough from all the ski boats and wake boats. Mid range and holeshot is unbelievable completely loaded , 2 200lb ppl, Full tank, livewells everything. Top speed is not where i figured it would be though. Tried prop at 2” and 1.75” below pad. Pretty much same results at both heights. 5850 RPM 64.5 mph. Prop slip calculator shows 15% with putting the 25P bravo in as a 24. Its 18% when putting in 25P. Question is, is the prop slip percentage high enough to have it worked by Mark to gain more speed on top end and not sacrifice the crazy mid range power? My tempest plus 25P in the humid weather right now does 68-69 at 2.25” below pad (which is the best height). I would like to see 66-67 out of this bravo 1xs during this time of year. What are your thoughts? Could this be accomplished or worth trying? Experienced Ranger/prop guys please chime in. On a side note i have tried the fury 4 in a 24P and 25P results were good with top end being 2mph faster than the bravo 1xs but mid range and holeshot was not comparable.
    ><(((•>

2. Member
    Drop your prop down to 3" under pad and try it, that should get rid of some of the prop slip. 2" under is too high for that boat.

3. Member
    Shouldn't you have went with a 26-27p if you were spinning a 25 tempest? I have been contemplating this prop and "my" findings have been a pitch or two higher coming from a tempest.

Ok thanks. I will try that one day next week. I just started higher because I read the bravo usually runs best a little higher.
    ><(((•>

Quote Originally Posted by smoken86 View Post
    Shouldn't you have went with a 26-27p if you were spinning a 25 tempest? I have been contemplating this prop and "my" findings have been a pitch or two higher coming from a tempest.
    I Did read that from mercury to up 1” from a tempest plus and 2” from a fury but members on here that have had this boat and prop said 25P would be the right size. RPM’s are right where they need to be with the 25P according to the WOT rpm range of 5500-6000.
    ><(((•>