Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs Up Gatorbak follow up

So after installing them a month ago now and several trips to the lake I cant stress how pleased I am with these bunks. Boat power loads super easy with hardly any throttle input and everything dries out very fast. Well worth it thats for sure.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

2. Member
    After seeing your pictures and picking your brain for installation tips/advice, I finished my install this past Thursday. I agree with you. I like the product and it puts my mind at ease concerning hull blisters.

3. Member
    I don't know if they still say it but Triton said not to install them on their trailers a few years ago they scratch the gel coat.

4. Member
    I have seen posts that complain about it scratching the hull especially if you have gravel driveway or gravel at the ramp. Even if it scratches some I think I'd take that over hull blisters. I will keep an eye on mine and see.

5. Banned
    You think carpet doesn't scratch? It's captures all kinds of crap, grit, grime from the lake. My hull looks like it's been wet sanded where the bunks are.

I'll take scratches over blisters any day.

Other than a couple of light surface scuffs that wipe right off i see no other scratches. I dont want blisters.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Other than a couple of light surface scuffs that wipe right off i see no other scratches. I dont want blisters.
    Your a smart man and wont have to worry about repairing a hull ive had them for 5 years

Yeaper I don't understand why everyone isn't on them. Biggest thing is no hull blister worries!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    Yeaper I don't understand why everyone isn't on them. Biggest thing is no hull blister worries!
    the question i have about them is,why dont all boat makers use them from the start. i don't think any do ?? i wonder why

10. Member
    They reduce the chances of blisters, but they don’t eliminate it. Says so right on Gatorbak website. I’m still going to do it when I get the opportunity. I definitely prefer less chance then most likely!

CTA ! If your boat isn't sitting on wet carpet then where will the blisters come from?

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    CTA ! If your boat isn't sitting on wet carpet then where will the blisters come from?
    I’m not bashing Gatorbaks, I’m going to put them on. I’m just telling you what the actual manufacturer says, they themselves say they won’t absolutely prevent them - just lessens the chances. Definitely better than carpeted bunks!

from their site:
    Although we can't say that Gatorbak will totally eliminate the opportunity for blisters to form, we do believe our product can help prevent it.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    They reduce the chances of blisters, but they don’t eliminate it. Says so right on Gatorbak website. I’m still going to do it when I get the opportunity. I definitely prefer less chance then most likely!
    They have to say that. Somebody would put them on and then leave their boat in the water for 6 months and it would get blisters and they would blame the gatorbaks. Sad part of the society we live in

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    They have to say that. Somebody would put them on and then leave their boat in the water for 6 months and it would get blisters and they would blame the gatorbaks. Sad part of the society we live in
    Pretty much my point. C T A

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"

This is exactly right. They cant make a claim with a huge gray area like that. If you run them on a new boat or one without blisters i highly doubt you will ever get them from normal use. They dry out very quick.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

16. Member
    Post some pics if you can. I would like to see what they look like on your trailer.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

17. Member
    totally agree. i’m putting them on, I just haven’t had a chance to do it yet. I really like the way Roy did his, they look great!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTN View Post
    Post some pics if you can. I would like to see what they look like on your trailer.
    This thread has all my install pics Dave.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1064799
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

19. jig4bass
    Same here...I read TritonTRXV8 previous thread and paid close attention to his install pics. My boat is a bit older, as it's a 2015 model of the 18 trx, but I just put mine on last Friday, 8/7/2020, and made an initial trip with them on Sunday. I'm very glad I made the investment. Loading and unloading seems a bit easier and do not need as much throttle to load. Also found that it was definitely time to replace, one of the long bunks had started to rot already. That carpet holds way too much moisture before drying out.
    2015 Triton 18trx
    2015 Mercury 200 Pro XS - 2S
    Mercury Tempest Plus 24P
    MinnKota Fortrex 80# / 6" Jack Plate
    Humminbird 899ci HD
    Humminbird Helix 7 DI

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    the question i have about them is,why dont all boat makers use them from the start. i don't think any do ?? i wonder why
    didn't Basscat use them for a couple years, then suddenly stopped as I recall.....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast