Live well recirculator and pumpout valve Quit working

I have a 2019 Nitro Z18 and the live well recirculator and pumpout valve quit working. The light on the switch still comes on when I push it up or down, but the water won’t come out. Anyone know how to fix this?

Since you've not gotten any responses, I'd post this in the General Bass Boat forum. It will get way more views there.

Are you hearing the pump come on when you flip your switch? I know sometimes if I fish in dirty water like up a shallow creek I get quite a bit of debris in my livewell. Sometimes I get parts of crawfish spit up in the livewell as well. This debris and crawfish parts can and do get sucked into the recirculating pump. This can get lodged in the pump and prevent it from working properly. What I do is when I get home from a day of fishing, I fill up the livewell with the garden hose, scrub the scum in the livewell, then open the livewell and flush the livewell by putting the hose directly over the drain and push that junk out of the livewell, out of the line and onto the driveway. Once I have done that, I fill the livewell about half full and work the pump several times to clear any debris from that line and the pump. It may take several attempts to clear debris from the pump housing. Basically turn the pump on, turn the pump off, turn the pump on, turn the pump off (if this still doesn’t clear the jam, you may have to twist off the pump housing and clean the pump and fan manually and then reassemble). Just last week I had debris in the pump housing that was preventing the full recirculating until I did this. Once you get it clear, just run the pump for a few full cycles. After that, I always run the pump out cycle to clear that as well. An added bonus to doing this every time is that you won’t have that fish smell in the garage anymore. Once I’m done, I also leave the livewell lids open to allow it to dry out. Hope this helps.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

4. Member
    Thanks for the tip.

5. Member
    Thank you.

6. Member
    I have a 2019 Z19, and had a tourney Saturday and the same thing happen to me. I couldn't hear the pump run nor could i feel it running. I took it out and ordered a new cartridge. I tested to make sure i had power to the plug and i did. Hooked the cartridge back up and it ran. Went to my local lake last night with my wife and i fill the well up and nothing. The pump wasn't running again. So i switched the connectors just to make sure i had power which i did. So i am guessing my pump is bad and will hook the new one up tomorrow after work. Let me know how you make out and i will check back in with my update. Nailbender thanks for your info i am going to try that just so i know if my hose maybe plugged or not.

7. Member
    How did you make out with your livewell? I ordered a new cartridge and fixed mine.