Chick Chester Frost Park

I was out and about and drove through there today. I used to launch there often, but haven't in a couple of years, guess I got out of the habit and starting going elsewhere. Anyway I noticed no parking signs EVERYWHERE, like every 30 feet. I have seen several posts about Hamilton County officially restricting the amount of fishing boat traffic there by limiting tournament participation to specific numbers. It seems they are serious about "running off" the bass boats and the money that is spent to and from there along with them. I have yet to figure out why it is such an issue to park on the grass.

2. Member
    I guess you haven't seen the parks new rules regarding tournaments. They're absolutely trying to run fisherman and tournaments off.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbi...6748&source=48

3. Member
    The no parking signs have been up since May. It was so crowded that people have been parking on the sides of the roads and causing traffic issues. The boat ramp area has been closed by the rangers several times during the weekends. All of the parking spaces were taken up, with many being cars without boat trailers. The area behind the cemetery has been full several weekends. It has been a mess with all of the extra boaters due to the COVID restrictions.

I drove through the park several times during this mess, you would see numerous boats trying to use the ramp and it was normally closed before noon, so they were having to find spots to turn around and leave. Trying to navigate through the cars parked on the sides of the road with a trailer/camper was a pain in the a**. It seems to have gotten better over the last couple of weekends.

The tournament parking issues started with a large high school tournament that took up the majority of the lot. Then the pleasure boaters and other fishermen complained about not being able to use the parking areas. The tournament got a lot of press due to them supposedly not following the COVID distancing requirements. These two issues combined to cause the restrictions of the use of the ramps by the tournaments.

4. Member
    I had seen the facebook stuff earlier, but had not read all the comments. All were very well stated.
    Just curious, what are the CBA plans going forward?
    Is there anything a north Georgia fishing redneck (me) can do to help?
    What I don't understand is fishing is a 12 month revenue stream for the merchants in the area. The pleasure boaters are there for maybe 4-5 months and we typically burn a lot more gas!