Thread: talon locations

Question talon locations

going to add 2 talons to a xpress x19 with jack plate brackets, would it be better to mount them as close to boat as possible or out away from boat, just thinking about extra weight may be better close to boat. any one experimented with this

As close to the boat as you can get them...I can't stick my finger in-between my bracket arm and my rub-rail. It's darn near touching. Away from the boat gives water more chance to be scooped up on hole shot. Tight to the boat they catch less water on hole shot. Same principle with height, you want the bracket, the arm and Talon as high as it will go so it does not catch drag on hole-shot or when the boat is on plane.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    As close to the boat as you can get them...I can't stick my finger in-between my bracket arm and my rub-rail. It's darn near touching. Away from the boat gives water more chance to be scooped up on hole shot. Tight to the boat they catch less water on hole shot. Same principle with height, you want the bracket, the arm and Talon as high as it will go so it does not catch drag on hole-shot or when the boat is on plane.
    thanks jr