Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Al from Canada View Post
    49h6l4.jpg

"The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Thank God we have courageous, selfless, altruistic individuals who volunteer for participating in vaccine studies.

We are fortunate to live in times of most advanced science and technology ever yet it seems that has been taken for granted. It will be a challenge to convince some that they need not fear taking this vaccine when it becomes available.

As a physician on the front lines, I will gladly take it. It should be required for health care workers and most of us understand that and realize that it will be safe and hopefully effective.

I can see how some of you doubt the severity of this pandemic but it is inevitable that eventually it will have a personal affect on EVERYONE in one way or another. If you could see what I see on a daily basis, some of you would be surprised if not ashamed.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    Canadian snipers have a pretty solid reputation.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    Thank God we have courageous, selfless, altruistic individuals who volunteer for participating in vaccine studies.

We are fortunate to live in times of most advanced science and technology ever yet it seems that has been taken for granted. It will be a challenge to convince some that they need not fear taking this vaccine when it becomes available.

As a physician on the front lines, I will gladly take it. It should be required for health care workers and most of us understand that and realize that it will be safe and hopefully effective.

I can see how some of you doubt the severity of this pandemic but it is inevitable that eventually it will have a personal affect on EVERYONE in one way or another. If you could see what I see on a daily basis, some of you would be surprised if not ashamed.
    Those courageous, selfless, altruistic individuals wouldn’t be so courageous and selfless if they weren’t getting paid to do so. Ask them to do it for free and see how big a hero they are. My wife is also front lines and she says no way should anything be required to take but if the sheep want to do it then go ahead. Keep drama queenin everthing up.

Quote Originally Posted by CaymasMan250 View Post
    Those courageous, selfless, altruistic individuals wouldn’t be so courageous and selfless if they weren’t getting paid to do so. Ask them to do it for free and see how big a hero they are. My wife is also front lines and she says no way should anything be required to take but if the sheep want to do it then go ahead. Keep drama queenin everthing up.
    As if you know personally that they're all being paid.

6. Banned
    https://www.niaid.nih.gov/clinical-t...al-studies-faq

Most all studies are similar to this.

7. Banned
    As if you know personally they are not? You going to volunteer for free?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    You're aware this is a global pandemic, right?
    I am, Never let a good pandemic go to waste, especially a global one.
    2019 Phoenix 920

As if you know personally they are not? You going to volunteer for free?
    If I were to volunteer I wouldn't need to be paid. Usually volunteering is to help in some way, not to be compensated.

10. Banned
    I hear they volunteered Epstein’s girlfriend.

11. Banned
    If I were to volunteer I wouldn't need to be paid. Usually volunteering is to help in some way, not to be compensated.
    Lets get you signed up!

12. Banned
    Here is a link to the registry for the Seattle area for anybody interested:

https://corona.kpwashingtonresearch.org/

Perhaps some do get paid. I'm not involved in any research. I have been in the past and often participants are not compensated directly. Nevertheless, for those that are getting paid, it probably isn't enough. I'm not here to argue with anyone and I don't post often on these threads because they just get ridiculous. I hate to see what's going on here, though.
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

Perhaps some do get paid. I'm not involved in any research. I have been in the past and often participants are not compensated directly. Nevertheless, for those that are getting paid, it probably isn't enough. I'm not here to argue with anyone and I don't post often on these threads because they just get ridiculous. I hate to see what's going on here, though.
    Stay tuned.

15. Member

Thank you for the work your doing! My wife's a RN on a covid unit at large hospital. She's body bagged many covid victims who's final weeks were quite uncomfortable and sad.

People who think the pandemic isn't as bad as the data shows should have a convo with a family who's lost a loved one. See if they agree.
    I come from the land of the ice and snow.
    YouTube: PunchFishing

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by punch View Post
    Thank you for the work your doing! My wife's a RN on a covid unit at large hospital. She's body bagged many covid victims who's final weeks were quite uncomfortable and sad.

People who think the pandemic isn't as bad as the data shows should have a convo with a family who's lost a loved one. See if they agree.
    Don’t know anyone who has passed from this but do know a few that have tested positive for it and said they really never were sick. Wife has some positive cases in her dialysis clinic that say they don’t feel any worse than they do with their kidney issues. Also know a few that filled out the paperwork but never actually tested and tested positive, not sure how that happens. Some weird stuff going on with this, hard to get true facts from any news source or people that are in the know and I’m not exactly certain that they really know what all is factual.

17. Banned
    How is this thread getting ridiculous? Because someone pointed out that most studies pay people to participate? That is a simple fact that is easily verified.

I hope it never gets to the point where people can not post a reply without "worrying" their post is deemed negative or pot stirring simply for being a counterpoint.

18. Member
    Don’t know anyone who has passed from this but do know a few that have tested positive for it and said they really never were sick. Wife has some positive cases in her dialysis clinic that say they don’t feel any worse than they do with their kidney issues. Also know a few that filled out the paperwork but never actually tested and tested positive, not sure how that happens. Some weird stuff going on with this, hard to get true facts from any news source or people that are in the know and I’m not exactly certain that they really know what all is factual.
    The virus affects many people differently. That's why this thing needs to be taken seriously. Some get over it in 3-4 days, but some are in the hospital for 3+ weeks. My wife's seen covid+ patients get really bad blood clots, and significant kidney damage. She's had people pass away from kidney failure due to covid. Lung scaring is also very real. This thing is no joke. My wife's unit had a family that gave it to eachother. A gal in her 20's, her mom, and her grandmother. The gal her 20's and the grandmother recovered, the mother died.

My wife's had patients who were in her unit for 4 weeks after they tested negative because of the wreckage that their immune system did to them to fight the virus. It really hits some people hard. They say it feels like someone is sitting on their chest for weeks.

Medical staff that are handling this REALLY need our empathy and compassion right now. They have been fighting this thing for months. This is a battle, and every day they have to suit up in PPE and take on an invisible enemy. They need our support in every way (this includes WEARING MASKS).

She says the worst part is the panic and confusion that sets in with patients who came in and are suddenly dying and there's no reversing course. Their bodies start shutting down and there's nothing the medical staff can do about it. They come in with some symptoms, test positive, get moved to her unit and that's the last 4 walls they will ever see. People have mental breakdowns and just want to leave and go home and see their families and pets. It's really dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Dreaming View Post
    How is this thread getting ridiculous? Because someone pointed out that most studies pay people to participate? That is a simple fact that is easily verified.

I hope it never gets to the point where people can not post a reply without "worrying" their post is deemed negative or pot stirring simply for being a counterpoint.
    I believe he's referring to threads in the Lounge in general; many of which get "ridiculous" and extremely negative and have done for quite some time. But that is going to change as I've posted more than once.

20. Member
    I believe he's referring to threads in the Lounge in general; many of which get "ridiculous" and extremely negative and have done for quite some time. But that is going to change as I've posted more than once.
    Thank you for everything you do!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast