Hillsboro, MO 63050 & Dripping Springs, TX 78620

Who Fish's JOE BASS

Who here fishes Joe Bass.
    How do you like it?

I emailed them couple days ago with some questions, and have not received a reply back as of yet.

I am considering fishing them next year.

How many boats do they average? From what I saw was 30 to 50?

Do they allow guides to fish it. I am no longer guiding in Texas. but wondering?

Can you fish as many tournaments as you want or can in the open trail, including winter trail?

Was I reading that they pay 2 big bass checks?

Can I fish t least 2 tournaments by myself?

Can I have non-member fish 1 or 2 with me if my regular partner cannot make it?

Is the lake off limits days or the week before a tournament?

Thanks,

2. Member
    Do any of you guys really fish or do you just to busy drinking coffee

3. Member
    my buddy was fishing Joe Bass this year on Truman they have had anywhere from 70-110 boats but that might just because COVID as it is normally not that big. (and Truman has been really good almost all year) From what my buddy said he really likes it they run a good tournament and very professional about the tournaments. not sure that is what you are looking for but that is what I know. I dont have the detailed answers to your questions. I know he is a member here but I dont think he posts or reads it very much.

4. Banned
    I was out fishing all weekend....and drinking coffee.

I fish Joe Bass on Twain. We get 35-45 boats. They are a bit slow in responding so don't get discouraged if you haven't heard from them yet. I'll try to answer some of your questions.

*If you were a guide in TX I don't see a problem with fishing any of the Missouri lakes.
    *Pretty sure you can fish as many tournaments as you want in any of the divisions
    *They do pay two big bass spots
    * Fishing by self - not sure. A boater needs 5 tournaments to qualify for the classic and your non boater needs 4 tournaments to qualify.
    * You can have a non member fish with you if a regular tournament partner cant make it
    *There are no "off limits" days. We typically pre fish on Saturday with the tournament the following day.

Hope this helps.

5. Member
    [QUOTE=Tom in Stl;11276939]I was out fishing all weekend....and drinking coffee.

Who ya gonna get to believe that???

6. Banned
    [QUOTE=Team Hobbie Hut;11277039]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom in Stl View Post
    I was out fishing all weekend....and drinking coffee.

Who ya gonna get to believe that???

7. Member
    Yes, You can fish alone without a partner.

I have for several years.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MCIPinkie View Post
    Yes, You can fish alone without a partner.

I have for several years.
    Want to thank tom of StL and MCIPinkie.
    If I fish it I will be fishing the open so I can fish different lakes Throughout the year.
    If either of you ever need a partner, just let me know. I like to think that I fish a pretty good stick.
    I do know Missouri lakes pretty well, as well as a lot of Texas lakes.

Fishing Joe Bass for the first time this year. It's a definite step up in competition from what my partner and I were fishing. We are enjoying it though, as the circuit is very well ran. Announcements are clear and timely on Facebook. Weigh-ins run like clockwork, with plenty of staff to help. Really like the fact they use a release pontoon. All in all, it's just very professionally run. On the Pomme circuit, I think there have been 50-60 boats each tournament.

10. Member
    Sounds like what I am looking for. Fished Bass Champs in Texas for years and really enjoyed the whole tournament trail. Lakes in BassChamps are off limits the week before though. Got several nice checks, which always helps the pocket and buys coffee too!!!!!!!!!!!