wacky rig orings

What size or type orings do you guys use for the thinner finess worms? All the ones I can find seem too big for the worms.

2. Member
    I personally dont ever use them , just dont like it. Just stick the hook in the worm.

I recommend these if you do alot of wacky rigging. https://www.omniafishing.com/p/arsen...cky-tube-plier

4. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1042841

I followed this post and purchased the items from Amazon. He gives the size of tubing to buy, I found 5' sections that were cheaper. I made a couple of hundred silicone brands in each size. The tool was $4.99 and all of the tubing was under $15. I have not lost a Yum Dinger while using these. You can place the hook either parallel or perpendicular to the bait.

5. Member
    I saw a wacky rig kit locally that had metal rings like split rings that you use inplace of a rubber oring. I tried it with some cheap split rings that i have & it worked great.

6. Member
    SDFD29, That looks like it should work. Thank you.

7. Member
    I did the same thing with the tubing after seeing that post. I just didn't like the o-rings. For some reason I like/don't mind putting on these tube sections. That little tool sits in my pliers holder and is much easier to get at/use than the oring tool.

I cut up a bunch of rings, put them in a old large prescription bottle and keep it in my glove box. Very happy so far.

8. Member
    Take a worm or what ever you are fishing go to lowes they have what ever you want and cheap

9. Member
    I have had very good luck with Savage Gear armor tube worm. No oring needed.
    Semper Fi