Thread: Vexus vs Xpress

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vexus vs Xpress

Now that vexus has been around a minute what’s the consensus on which is better between it and xpress? Apparently the draw for a lot of Xpress guys is the ability to hang more hp on the back. But if you don’t care about going 70 (ex comparing 18’ models with 115) which is better?

I will say I like the seadek in the Xpress over carpet. Heard the Xpress hatches leak.

2. Member
    Xpress has been around a long time. They changed the aluminum boat world a long time ago. They were the first innovator in aluminum boats.

3. Member
    I think Vexus has better fit and finish.The .100 gauge hull would keep me from buying one .And the double weld down the hull .I don’t think all the bugs is worked out yet.They are nice looking boats.If I didn’t buy xpress I would look at avid

4. Member
    Is avid similarly priced? I’m looking at 37ish with Ultrex and birds (one on the Xpress, two on the vexus).

The xpress is built like a tank. No worries banging into rocks, stumps or even rough water- like an aluminum boat should be.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

6. Member
    Have fished out of an X17 (2004-2007) with a 115 Merc and an X19 with a 150 VMax (2007-2019). The Lamborghini of Tin boats. No way the Vexus can compare with .100 tin and the storage of the X19 is ridiculous.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

7. Member
    Go Xpress

Quote Originally Posted by Nickl View Post
    I think Vexus has better fit and finish.The .100 gauge hull would keep me from buying one .And the double weld down the hull .I don’t think all the bugs is worked out yet.They are nice looking boats.If I didn’t buy xpress I would look at avid
    I 1000% agree with this... The Vexus is prettier but the extra thickness of metal in the Xpress hull would make the decision for me. That is a big deal. You hear a lot about cracks in 5 year and older aluminum boats with .100 aluminum hulls. It happens. Give me the thicker aluminum for sure...no doubt. And they have been making them a long time.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

9. Member
    Appreciate it everyone. I have the Xpress on order but started looking at vexus and started thinking about how pretty they are. Only thing I didn’t get on my Xpress that’s standard on the vexus is a helix on the bow. I’ll add one though.

10. Member
    And boat buckles but I’ll add those too.

Which xpress model did you go with?
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Xpress over Vexus all day long.

This one has some nice features.

13. Member
    X18 pro, Blue appearance package, white hull, black bottom, black console, 115 SHO, hydraulic steeringultrex 80 MDI, HB Helix 9, 3 bank charger, elite package (center seat, lights in storage and Livewell, 6ga wiring, elite steering wheel)

14. Member
    Sure looks like a no nonsense well thought out and laid out boat. What’s a loaded out X19 like in the video run price wise? Not stripped down, elite package set up like in the vid? The older and busier I get the more I like the idea of something I can just ride hard and put away wet No concerns about bumping the dock or beaching it, that boat looks like it’s all business!!
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    Sure looks like a no nonsense well thought out and laid out boat. What’s a loaded out X19 like in the video run price wise? Not stripped down, elite package set up like in the vid? The older and busier I get the more I like the idea of something I can just ride hard and put away wet No concerns about bumping the dock or beaching it, that boat looks like it’s all business!!
    When I was ordering my 18 I was offered a 19 they had in stock with a 200 SHO for 39k. Had the Ultrex and Helix 9 but no seadek/appearance package and not the color I wanted. I think It was regular 42k.
    Last edited by Cbump; 07-25-2020 at 10:54 AM.

16. Member
    Kinda wished I would have jumped on It now. But It was $3k more than I set for myself to spend and It wasn't all the options I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbump View Post
    When I was ordering my 18 I was offered a 19 they had in stock with a 200 SHO for 39k. Had the Ultrex and Helix 9 but no seadek/appearance package and not the color I wanted. I think It was regular 42k.
    When you get the higher end packages itll be closer to $50k

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    When you get the higher end packages itll be closer to $50k
    I agree. This one they had did not have a performance package with the Hotfoot or the appearance package. Probably one someone ordered and didn't end up buying that they were just trying to offload. It was nice though. Silver hull, black bottom, silver interior, X19 with 200.
    I got the X18 exactly how I want It for now for less money. The draw of the 200 almost got me though.

I will add a bow graph and boat buckles as soon as I get It. Power poles will come later.

19. Member
    How does that seadeck flooring material hold up? I like the looks, but wonder if it wear as good and is resistant to hooks. I know I get a lot of trebles on the deck of my carpet. Brother in law has an X19, fun to drive.

20. Member
    I really liked the Vexus but the welds cracking on brand new boats is Really Bad & the fact that they are made out of 100 guage instead of 125 really means a lot. So I say EXPRESS. Lot of big guys at Vexus but the welds cracking on brand new boats is terrible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast