Thread: Vexus vs Xpress

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by NORRIS CRAFT 1 View Post
    I really liked the Vexus but the welds cracking on brand new boats is Really Bad & the fact that they are made out of 100 guage instead of 125 really means a lot. So I say EXPRESS. Lot of big guys at Vexus but the welds cracking on brand new boats is terrible.
    As much as I love the Vexus tin boats that's a little unsettling. Expensive as even the nicer tin rigs are these days that simply shouldn't happen.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

2. Member
    Avid boats are the same thickness as express and look kinda like the Vexus. They are a new company though. Might be something to look at.

3. Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Phalin View Post
    Avid boats are the same thickness as express and look kinda like the Vexus. They are a new company though. Might be something to look at.
    Back when they were announcing their boats and pretty much had one taking it around to the boat shows it was .100 aluminum. I hope they ended up with .125 because they sure were a nice boat. Why buy an aluminum boat if you cant bounce off boulders or even beach it at the ramp or get in rough water? Get a scratch on some and the torches come out saying you hit something and thats why it busted. Ive seen xpress boats on the rivers that the guys have to beat the dents out after every trip and they dont crack

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Member
    The new Avid looks ALOT like the Vexus. It seems they stepped up in a few areas in the design. For one, the locker lip area is designed to keep the lockers dry. Almost a glass boat type of lip and seal design. This is a big change needed in the tin boat industry as the lockers usually leak. I have quite a few buddies with Express boats. Their lockers do not stay dry.
    Avid also uses the thicker aluminum and if not mistaken can up the horsepower as compared to Vexus.
    AVID definitely copied the Vexus in many ways, (which of course is flattery for Vexus). If pricing is in anyway cheaper, it would be the tin boat to pick.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Avid definatly took some it's styling cues from Vexus but that's as far as it goes. 5052 0.125 aluminum alloy, nicely designed locker lips, five transom knee braces with 1/4' thick bracing and a kick ass stringer system. Just an all around nice boat.

7. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Xpress all the way...
    Vexus is a repurposed Beer can.
    2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Back when they were announcing their boats and pretty much had one taking it around to the boat shows it was .100 aluminum. I hope they ended up with .125 because they sure were a nice boat. Why buy an aluminum boat if you cant bounce off boulders or even beach it at the ramp or get in rough water? Get a scratch on some and the torches come out saying you hit something and thats why it busted. Ive seen xpress boats on the rivers that the guys have to beat the dents out after every trip and they dont crack
    Agreed. Seems the issues come out on the .100” hulls with the 150+ hp engines. Not gauranteed just seems more common. 1/8” makes a huge difference IMO.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Agreed. Seems the issues come out on the .100” hulls with the 150+ hp engines. Not gauranteed just seems more common. 1/8” makes a huge difference IMO.
    Rate it for a 115- problem solved!

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

10. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Avid definatly took some it's styling cues from Vexus but that's as far as it goes. 5052 0.125 aluminum alloy, nicely designed locker lips, five transom knee braces with 1/4' thick bracing and a kick ass stringer system. Just an all around nice boat.
    I saw where Avid has an 18' model rated for somewhere in the 115hp range. Will probably be at the top of my list when in the market next if they're still around but that's a LONG ways off. I'm going to run my Tracker for as long as possible to get my money's worth out of it.
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Highcentered View Post
    I saw where Avid has an 18' model rated for somewhere in the 115hp range. Will probably be at the top of my list when in the market next if they're still around but that's a LONG ways off. I'm going to run my Tracker for as long as possible to get my money's worth out of it.
    Still in my Tracker Grizzly 1860. Hard to let go of a reliable boat.

My office is next door to a xpress dealer. I looked at them a lot. Still do. The manager there is a great guy. I got a vexus avx 1880. I liked it a lot better. I have owned a ranger and a tracker in the past. Rod storage was the biggest complaint I had with the xpress. Love the trailers on the xpress boats. Hope it does not crack.

13. iNCORRECT pOLITICALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Still in my Tracker Grizzly 1860. Hard to let go of a reliable boat.
    Yup, long as it's reliable and still fits your needs there's no good reason to get something else
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Ultrex

My Pops downsized to a X19 last year. Prior to that for many years he ran a X21. He is hard on boats and they have been solid for him. Can't go wrong with either of these brands. There are def upsides to each.

King-Fish

15. Charlie Don't Surf! King_Fish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tghtlines View Post
    My Pops downsized to a X19 last year. Prior to that for many years he ran a X21. He is hard on boats and they have been solid for him. Can't go wrong with either of these brands. There are def upsides to each.

King-Fish
    My-Man!!!

2018 Ranger RT198p
    Charcoal Metallic
    Etec 150HP G2 HO
    24p Raker Stainless prop
    82# MotorGuide Tour Pro TM
    Fishes as good as anything out there, with the TM down...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12