Solix 15 G2 losing touch screen function

I am getting a lot more familiar with my units for settings etc, but I still lose touch screen ability at some point on every trip. All software is up to date. Good power to units. The front 12 Solix does not exhibit this problem. Is this a known issue that could be software related or is it my unit? Thanks

2. Member
    My touch screen stopped working on my G2 Solix 10 and I had to send the unit back to Humminbird. There are other threads regarding Solix touch screen issues

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MengRanger View Post
    I am getting a lot more familiar with my units for settings etc, but I still lose touch screen ability at some point on every trip. All software is up to date. Good power to units. The front 12 Solix does not exhibit this problem. Is this a known issue that could be software related or is it my unit? Thanks
    My 12 was the same way on the bow but my 10 on the console had to be sent in...they replaced the front housing...8 day turnaround.

4. Member
    I just got a 10 back from having the front replaced.

5. Member
    Is the 12 on the front a gen 1 unit?
    & the 15 at console is a gen?

6. Member
    both gen 2

7. Member
    My gen2 15” has exact same issues. Had to send it in to Humminbird. I also have a gen1 15” & have never had a problem so far.

8. Member
    Been several gen2's with touch problems lately. It seems to be rare with gen 1's. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

9. Member
    Boy i was just going to post the exact same question about my Solix 15 gen 2. It loses touch screen function regularly. Almost was ready to toss it in the water last Thursday! But i did as everyone suggested and ran 8 gauge wire right from the battery. Finished it last night. turn it on and the first 3 times on, the touch screen doesnt work. 4th time it does. 5th time is doesnt again. AAARGH. i have called Humminbird twice on this issue in the past 3 weeks. Waited on hold both times for over an hour. Neither time did the tech tell me about a know problem with this unit's touch screen. But based on the comments above, they certainly know about it. Kind of crazy to buy a Solix and not have touch screen. Might as well saved the $ and got a Helix. To say i am underwhelmed with my switch to Birds is an understatement. I will call Tech support again and be firm about getting it in for service. But can't see losing 8 days when my season is winding down in WI and my focus changes in 4 weeks to my bird dogs but...