Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Is it even worth getting upset anymore? Updated with estimate.

Last trip someone hit my tail light and broke it.
    This trip someone hit my fender on the side and broke the marker.

One dock, wake boats tied up so you can't use the dock. They BS for 20 min while everyone is out waiting. No concern for anyone else.

I was going to have a talk with them but with the keel guard I just beach it and I'm out before these clowns can even get to their trucks.

I dunno if it's just that I'm getting older or the lack of respect/ common sense these people have that upsets me.

Well, new tail lights last week, new marker lights this week. Guess I'm fixing up my trailer lol.

Also tested the 25 bravo 1 XS and I'm convinced it's the best prop I've ever used on a boat. The lift on a 21 foot boat is just awesome!

It was nice to have a cool morning for a change.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by g352nv; 09-26-2020 at 07:46 PM.

2. Member
    What boat brand you running that bravo on. I have been debating investing in a Bravo 1.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Member
    The older I get, I realize a lot of people are not raised the way I was. At this point in the game I just Try to avoid situations where there is potential for an argument. I tell myself while getting dressed, to expect to be disappointed today at the ramp. Someone will cut in line, get on the ramp then get their stuff organized etc. it’s a shame it’s like this. I came to realize I can’t change them, so why get my blood pressure up. Take a deep breath and remember the day at the lake is for enjoyment... Doesn’t work all the time... lol

5. Member
    Courtesy is a thing of the past. Just sad.
    Praying for a Cure

You are way outnumbered. You’ll never change anything.
    Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day

Teach a man to fish, he will complain that you stole his fishing spot.

7. Member
    Last time out come back in to load. Couple jet skis sitting at courtesy dock. Young man just sitting on one. I ask if he was loading he said no waiting on a woman. Now why couldn’t they just idle out away from dock so others could use it? Then come back when the woman showed up. Crazy I tell ya

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Toypuller View Post
    You are way outnumbered. You’ll never change anything.
    Sad but true.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

9. Member
    A gal at work had a saying for these folks - 'dial a clue' - problem is, they
    would probably ask if it was colonel mustard, in the den, with a knife.

Trolling for northerns today, about 25 yds. from shore - 2 boats, 1 at a time, roared
    by between me and the shoreline. I s'pose I coulda yelled morons to them (morons hate that),
    but, to be offended, they would have had to put down the game.

otoh, I believe the definition of stress is 'suppressing the desire to beat the p#$$ out of someone
    who truly deserves it'. Don't wanna be stressed - don't wanna go to jail - decisions, decisions.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerRic View Post

otoh, I believe the definition of stress is 'suppressing the desire to beat the p#$$ out of someone
    who truly deserves it'. Don't wanna be stressed - don't wanna go to jail - decisions, decisions.
    If I had a dollar for every time I've had to make this decision in just the last year I'd buy a new boat and truck to pull it with.

11. Member
    You've put a lot of work into your boat and trailer. I can understand being upset.

12. Dogfish_Jones
    I’m glad I try to launch a little before sunrise most of the time. I did watch a ski boat run across a hump in the lake today...he was running wide open and slammed the hull into a rock pile in about 2’ of water. He kept on going but I’m sure when he looked at the hull he wasn’t happy.
    I really try my best to launch and trailer the boat in times I think it might be advantageous to do so.
    Second time out this year with my new boat/trailer at Neely Henry I came back with my side marker light on the starboard side torn off by someone that didn’t give a $hit about other people stuff.

13. Banned
    We have our share here in NC that come from that same bloodline. You have to ask yourself are people really that stupid or are they doing it on purpose.

14. Member
    Common sense and courtesy don't seem to be so common anymore.
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

15. Member
    Don’t allow the small things to steal the blessings. All those things are a pain but in the end you got to enjoy fishing and being on a boat.

16. Banned
    Common sense has left the builiding. Just look at the current state of our country. Getting rid of the ones who protect and uphold the law is the first thing that comes to mind. I don't even need to get into the stuff I see on the water these days.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    What boat brand you running that bravo on. I have been debating investing in a Bravo 1.
    05 TR21X with a Verado.

18. Banned
    It's nice to be home and reset. You guys are right, getting upset won't change a thing.
    Can't wait for covid to go away. All week days are like weekends. One positive I guess is the lake is dropping so freaking fast it's unreal. Soon there won't be a ramp or dock. In the years past when this happened there was only fishermen on the lake.

19. Member
    We have "paddle board classes" on the boat ramp close to my house. They do not move for anyone.

20. Member
    A whole 20’, dear lord

You need a snickers.

Maybe FL is different, but I’ve owned and launched bass, wakeboard, flats, and offshore boats all over the state. Chill out and help folks out, be calm, and take it in. In short order, you’ll be off the dock and on your way.
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast