Gatorbaks for the Win!

1.jpg1.jpgPut Gatorbak's on my 2019 Z19 single axle trailer today and am impressed! Super easy to load - no power-loading needed...at least on the ramp I used today. Maybe steeper ramps will require a little, but surely not much. I always keep my bow strap hooked up until I'm in the water, so obviously no difference there. The thickness and quality of the Gatorbak's is what surprises me the most. I can definitely tell these will last many years...more than likely longer than the treated 2x4's.

I went ahead and rounded off the top edges of the 2x4's. The design of the hull (NVT) looked like it required it and it really didn't take that long. Table saw and belt sander is all it took.

The product number of Gatorbak that I went with was GBRE350 - I highly advise getting the kit and not just the covers. They sent more than enough SS screws and the end caps look really nice. Also - mention that you are a BBC member and you'll get a 10% discount!!

Hope this helps if you're interested in upgrading your trailer bunks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (4.66 MB, 106 views)
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

Nice, let us know how they work after a few more trips.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Very cool - I had been thinking about these for a few years - as my buddy installed them on his trailer and really likes them as well.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

4. Member
    I put a set on my trailer last month. I couldn't believe how trashed the five-year-old boards were despite looking fine from afar. Carpet is awful when compared to Gatorbaks.

I will be adding these to my 2020 Z19 Pro. Quick question. What lengths did you buy. I am at work offshore and I thought about ordering so they will be at the house when I get home.

6. Member
    Two 2x4x6 and two 2x4x9

Make sure y'all mention u heard about it on the BBC from our members.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Member
    I agree, placed them on my 2019 Nitro Z21 trailer a few months ago. The original carpted bunks held a lot of sand and scratched the black hull up pretty bad. Had to have the hull redone and waxed to remove the scratches. These Gatorbaks are great, sand can be easliy wiped off and typically none is on them after putting the boat in the water. Highly recommended to get them with the kits as twise7 mentions. The original trailer bunks are not pressure treated, so they were replaced when I put the Gatorbaks on. No use replacing rotted bunks in a few years and redoing it all over again. You'll need to do some router work to a couple of the bunks.
    Last edited by Superjack; 07-24-2020 at 02:57 PM.
    2019 Z21 Nitro
    2019 Mercury 250L Serial # 2B644821 with 23" Fury SS Prop
    Bobs Machine Shop 12" Hydraulic Jackplate
    52" Minn Kota 112# Ultrex with i-Pilot Link
    2-12' Minn Kota Talons
    Minn Kota Mega 360
    Solix 12 Mega SI & G2
    Solix 10 Mega SI & G2
    Hydrowave 2

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Make sure y'all mention u heard about it on the BBC from our members.
    I did just that in the comment section when I ordered online, but no discount for me.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    I did just that in the comment section when I ordered online, but no discount for me.
    Give them a call. I ordered mine over the phone and that's how I got the discount.

11. Member
    Don’t forget, DrewTick is a board sponsor and handles Gatorbaks in his portfolio of products too. Been running them this season, so far so good. They do leave a little scuffing like eraser marks but so far they wipe off with a little scrub.
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twise7 View Post
    Give them a call. I ordered mine over the phone and that's how I got the discount.
    I did call...twice. Yes, during business hours. No one answered. I didn't have questions per se, just wanted clarification on the kit regarding length. It's fine.

13. Member
    Lost one of the bolts in a bunk last week when on vacation, going to be getting these to replace them all very soon.