Old Windshield Paint Job

I just painted my old beat up and stress cracked windshield. I’m not a pro but I have painted a few things with success in the past. The black turned out good while the silver didn’t - it turned out with darker shadowy looking spots. I was hoping the paint would settle and become more uniform but those spots remain after the clear coats. I know I have the option of sanding it down and starting over but is there another way to fix this without going all the way back to the beginning? Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail
    Ben Franklin

2000 Ranger 518vx Comanche

Short answer, no. That paint mottled pretty bad. What did you use, shaker can, spray gun...?

3. Member
    Bud no fix for the sinking flake, mask off silver, sand to level, and raise your air pressure and spray a little drier. Keep you gun moving, keep the flake on top. If you used a rattle can, after leveling back away a bit and spray flake drier. When clearcoating spray 2 medium coats and let that fully cure, scuff dull with gray scotch brite then 2 more wet coats. Cut and polish. Rattle can clear is not going to build like quality automotive refinish clear. You may have to add scuff and re-coat steps to get enough product over the flake. Small stuff like this a Speed Clear is more desirable.