Z18 and Power Poles

I have recently purchase a 2019 Z18 with a 4 stroke 150 Pro XS with no jack plate. I ordered a slidemaster 6 inch Jack plate for the sole purpose of adding a Power Pole or Talon later. My question is will a 6 inch work for the Talon or Power Pole? I assumed it would when I made my order but recently read some post that a 6 inch was not enough setback for the brackets. Planning on getting it installed next week so I want to make sure it will work before I install. Also, what is everyones opinion on the Talons for the Z18 instead of the power pole? Thanks

Hmmmm. I thought it would but I'm not sure. hopefully someone with experience with this can help.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    Talons are a load on the back of the 18. When I bought my 18 and had 8 foot poles on it with no performance problems, a friend got the same boat and rigged it with talons. He had alot of problems getting it to perform. I had an 8 inch plate, but it should be enough room with a 6 inch and the spacers behind the brackets
    2020 Nitro Z20 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    I’m definitely leaning toward a single power pole due to weight. Hoping someone with a 6 inch jack plate can confirm the power pole would work. I still think it would but there is not a lot of information out on the net. Thanks for the reply.

Well I have dual Power Poles on mine but no jackplate. I can’t see why it would not work for your setup.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailbender8 View Post
    Well I have dual Power Poles on mine but no jackplate. I can’t see why it would not work for your setup.
    I have just ordered a Z18 with the 175 and six inch jack plate, do you mind if I ask what speed you're running with the power poles. I didn't order the poles because I was concerned how it would affect the hole shot and top end speed.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhedrick42 View Post
    I have just ordered a Z18 with the 175 and six inch jack plate, do you mind if I ask what speed you're running with the power poles. I didn't order the poles because I was concerned how it would affect the hole shot and top end speed.
    I had mine installed at the time of purchase, so I don't know what my speed would have been. That said, I run low 60s with twin 10' Blades. Hole shot is average until I fill up the livewell. Then it takes a couple more seconds. Doesn't bother me regardless of the power poles because I only have a 175. I'm not winning races with or without them.

8. Member
    My dad ordered a Z18/150 ProXS with a manual 6 inch plate just for the reason of adding a talon. I haven't been in the boat yet but he is pleased with the performance. Coming from a tracker 175 it's a big difference. He told me he hit 60mph but I don't know if that was a speedo or GPS number. He went with the talon for the sole purpose of not having to add the pump weight in the transom. Make sure you keep an eye on the installation. The guys at Bass Pro did his install and they installed the talon bracket while the transom straps were secured. First time we tried to take the boat out for break in there wasn't enough space between the bracket and the tie down to remove the strap hook.

9. Member
    No problem on a 6 inch plate, I get 64 with two poles, both consoles. full load and 3 passengers and she tops just under 62
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ammdrew View Post
    No problem on a 6 inch plate, I get 64 with two poles, both consoles. full load and 3 passengers and she tops just under 62
    How much weight did you save going with the lithium batteries? I’m trying to decide between the z18 and 19 myself.
    2023 Phoenix 819 pro
    2023 200 Pro XS 4s 3B373365

pond boat
    2020 pelican Bass raider 10E

11. Member
    I have 2010 Z-7 with 150 Optimax and added 8” slide master JP along with 2 8’ power poles to it. Went with power poles cause of the weight abs customer service. After finally messing around with jp settings I got it dialed in because it ruined my hole shot, had to lower jp/motor almost 2”. I get 54-58 with live wells filled 1/2 tank of gas and partner
    2010 Z-7 Mercury 150 Optimax,
    Keel guard, pro trim,
    Humminbird Electronics
    Western Mass.

Quote Originally Posted by remaly181 View Post
    I had mine installed at the time of purchase, so I don't know what my speed would have been. That said, I run low 60s with twin 10' Blades. Hole shot is average until I fill up the livewell. Then it takes a couple more seconds. Doesn't bother me regardless of the power poles because I only have a 175. I'm not winning races with or without them.
    This is where I’m at as well.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

13. Member
    Imo ed them from my last boat to the new one, But approx 160 lbs. As I am running 36v to troller.
    2019 z18 175 ProXs 4 stroke, DC, 10 Ft Power Pole Blades, Relion lithium batteries, Ghost trolling motor, Lowrance Live's, SS structure, Airmar TM150, Vessel View Link, PowerPole Charge.