Thread: soft spot

soft spot

Anyone replaced the floor between the consoles. i have a soft spot and was wondering if it will need to patched or if the whole cap will need to be removed. Its on a 1997 221 . thanks.

2. Member
    Also wondering this...

3. Member
    Me as well, mine’s a 99 203. Soft spot is right along the left side of the driver’s console.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I had to do a section on my 201 where the third seat post was between the rod lockers. Bad seal job from the plant. Was able to cut it out with a multi tool braced it up with PT 2x4 and wrapped in glass. Attached to the inside of the stringers w/cross bracing. Glassed in new plywood and carpeted the whole boat. You'd never know it was patched unless you pulled the carpet. I left the old seat base out no need for it anyway.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    I had to do a section on my 201 where the third seat post was between the rod lockers. Bad seal job from the plant. Was able to cut it out with a multi tool braced it up with PT 2x4 and wrapped in glass. Attached to the inside of the stringers w/cross bracing. Glassed in new plywood and carpeted the whole boat. You'd never know it was patched unless you pulled the carpet. I left the old seat base out no need for it anyway.
    This is basically what my plan is, I just haven't gathered the intestinal fortitude to peel the carpet back yet and look. My spot is under the passenger console in my 99 203.