Boat position on Elite TI2 graph being sporadic

I have the Elite TI2 7 at the bow of my boat for the trolling motor. When I graph around off shore find a waypoint and get to the waypoint on my graph, I’ll put spot lock on and try to keep my boat a certain way. Sometimes it will turn of course because of wind or current, but my graph shows my boat position in reference to my waypoint I set, being very sporadic, acting like my boat is doing turns. I don’t have any kind of precision compass. So what do I need so my boat position will stay still and be a lot more accurate? This makes fishing offshore very tough!

2. Member
    PAGES, SETTINGS, NETWORK, DAMPING set COURSE OVER GROUND to MAX and SAVE. And set HEADING to COURSE UP. Or get a Point One antenna.

3. Member
    With a POINT 1 you will need the NEMA 2000 kit that comes in the kit. Be sure to power this kit and CALIBRATE the antenna. See you tube channel for instructions.

4. Member
    You need a heading sensor, the logical choice being a Point 1. Too difficult to explain what is happening but it is entirely normal for a GPS. Add a heading sensor and it will stop.

NoCAL
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Member
    I’ve got my heading set to course up already, I heard about the point 1 antenna, but also heard about Lowrance precision 9 compass and didn’t know if that’s what I needed?

6. Member
    Heading up without a heading sensor is EXACTLY what causes your map to spin. You don’t need a precision 9. It’s more for use with radar systems. You just need a Point 1, installed correctly, calibrated correctly, and set up on each of your units correctly.

NoCAL
    2B112175

7. Member
    Okay cool, I tried what kennybryan suggested, just waiting to take it out to the water and go from there.

8. Member
    That will help but at slow speed or drifting, you’ll need a heading sensor to tell the GPS the position of the bow. Good luck

NoCAL
    2B112175