Phoenix Cover and more ?

Apologize in advance for the questions but my consideration and search into Phoenix continues...

Curious how you guys like the cover? Do you find it cumbersome? Does it puddle up? How does it trailer?

And last question for today, if you were to order a 21PHX, what option would you be sure to add that might not be readily thought of?

Thx!!

2. Member
    Short time owner here, but I have had no problems. Trailers well, no puddling with/without 2nd console.
    2020 Phoenix 920 Elite
    Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Scraps
    My previous boat was a Ranger, with cover. High quality, great cover. Expensive and not easy to handle. I'm sure the Phoenix cover isn't cheap, but not $1000. It's really easy to handle. Not crazy about needing a support system. But this is balanced with the ease of use of the cover. I've trailered a bit with mine and it does fine. I would never trailer with my Ranger cover.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    . I'm sure the Phoenix cover isn't cheap, but not $1000.
    I got a quote for a replacement cover from Phoenix of $985 and I am looking for an alternative....

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

5. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by GBhoss View Post
    I got a quote for a replacement cover from Phoenix of $985 and I am looking for an alternative....
    Myself. I want the garage alternative.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

6. Member
    What is the warranty on the Phoenix factory cover. i love my cover and it trailers well and is pretty simple to put on. Mine leaks badly in a few areas around the seams and especially over the consoles.

7. Member
    Cover is ok it travels good but I don't really like that you can't use it without the support system I use to put a cover on or off in less than 5 mins kinda liked that

8. Member
    As far as options I really like the warrior wheel package , the paint over gator Hyde , the back up lights and the shocks . As for boat options the bow nav lights are nice and I do have the seat deck floor cockpit which I do like only draw back of the seadeck it shows every mark and dirt but it does clean off easy enough. Also I never had twin poles only single but after getting the twins on this boat i would never go without or single oops l

I personally love the bird cover. I have a dual console so I don't use the cover skeleton system. I also would never pull any fiberglass boat with the cover on. I would prefer to clean the boat when I get home. My boat stays in the garage so I don't use the cover unless I'm spending the night somewhere. The cover is lightweight and keeps the boat dry if it rains. It also dries very quickly and I can install it in less than 2 minutes.

I travel with the cover all the time. I personally love it. The support system can be placed in 60 seconds. Not sure why it would seem cumbersome. I am going to time myself next time but I would venture that I can be ready for a 500 mile road trip in 3-5 minutes. Keeps debris out of the boat, keeps other people out of the boat, and it keeps everything dry.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    Myself. I want the garage alternative.
    As would I if I didn't live on the top of the mountain with a switchback in the driveway. Our development has a large parking area with electric so I cover it and keep it there.

Also, I trailer frequently and have no issues trailering with our without the support system.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

12. Member
    Best cover I have ever trailered with and no puddles on mine.

13. Member
    Works get , actually one of the easiest I’ve had
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

14. Member
    Yeah I don't see where its cumbersome either, I have used mine with one console and no supports and had zero issues, no flap and nice and snug. I wouldnt do it this way if I were wanting the rain to run off, I would then add the one support on port side to pitch it more. Just gotta get the back corners pulled around nice and tight before I ratchet it.

15. Member
    My experience is the cover is easy to put on and take off. The pole system along with the vent system keeps the cover in place and there is no noticeable flapping going down the interstate. I really like the ratchet system to get the cover tight and straight. The bag is handy to keep the cover stored in when not in use. I generally only use the cover a few times a year and have no problems. Lastly, the cover looks good with the logo on the outside. Good luck in your search. Phoenix Boats are great boats with the best customer service!!
    2019 Phoenix 819 ProXP
    200 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS

16. Member
    You got a bag for your cover? lol

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo6345 View Post
    I travel with the cover all the time. I personally love it. The support system can be placed in 60 seconds. Not sure why it would seem cumbersome. I am going to time myself next time but I would venture that I can be ready for a 500 mile road trip in 3-5 minutes. Keeps debris out of the boat, keeps other people out of the boat, and it keeps everything dry.
    I agree. It's a great cover, fits nice and snug , doesn't flop around and keeps it all buttoned up nice and dry on trips. If I'm traveling more than 1.5 hrs it on. Its a 2016 and have never had an issue and I tow a lot and far.

18. Member
    Only issue i have with cover is the vents. When i travel and it rains water comes in the vents. Am i doing something wrong?

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    You got a bag for your cover? lol
    The cover came in a bag made of the same material with a draw string. Kind of handy to store the cover in and keep it together. ?
    2019 Phoenix 819 ProXP
    200 Mercury 4 Stroke ProXS