Thread: what to do?

what to do?

61yo ...planning to work full time to 63 then move to part time till i'm 65 (good lord willing)...still contributing to 401k with company match...wife and I put 15+ % each into 401k...always made my own investment choices in 401's...I'm in no way a financial planner or guru...have $700k plus in accounts....now it's time for "professional" adviser to help with decisions on heading toward and into retirement...just gathering info in the mail from national firms....anyone with experience with Fisher or others??? Also....market reaction to possible change of Presidency...to old now to lose another 2-300k if market doesn't like next President...Thanks

2. Member
    I listen to Ric Edelman on the way to the lake every weekend and really like his advice. They have offices all over the place and are fee based. Probably most important is make sure you have that bundle of cash well protected and then look at how to "de-tax" it as cheaply as possible.
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

3. Member
    Also, you can listen to all of his radio show episodes on his website. Always good topics for conversation and he takes questions from people.

https://www.edelmanfinancialengines....-edelman-radio
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    24p Fury 4

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Sorry I can't help on any recommendations for a financial planner. But I wouldn't waste any time at your age, with the where the market is and the uncertainty that we have coming.
    Thanos was the hero

5. Member
    I really like this guys stuff as well. This is a perfect video for this year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOygj04gWjg
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    24p Fury 4

6. Member
    About two years ago, wife was angry because we didn't buy a lake house she wanted. (I hate taxes, especially property taxes). She convinced me to not go it alone with out finances(we had about 800k). Brother in law was with Vanguard, another brother in law is withe Edward Jones. Ultimately went with Vanguard who I had several IRA mutual funds with. Vanguard reset my portfolio, and the market tanked in Dec of 18. Came out pretty good on that one. This last year has been ok, did't loose my shirt and am actually in the green over the last rolling 12 months with a 50/50 portfolio. Happy with Vanguard.
    Still have some play money/gambling money in the market that Vanguard is not in charge of. Having fun with that.