Helix 8 si di gn3 depth reading

Just got my new ranger rt 188 p. Put in a helix8 Si di gn3 in the consul. After 10 mph I loss my depth reading reads crazy 235’ to 700 ft the transducer is mounted on the starboard side of transom. Does anyone with a Rt188p had any issues with reading at high speed

2. Member
    I had a similar problem with a Lowrance unit. I found there were different depth settings, and that I had it set on the way-deep mode, which made shallow readings difficult. Perhaps your unit has the same set of settings? Look for an AUTO mode and see if that helps. m

3. Member
    Pictures of how its mounted? I know a lot of boats depending on the mount you can't get depth at X speed without a thru hull trans

4. Member
    Did your transducer ''flip-up''?

5. Member
    You have to install a through the hull transducer and Y cable. Had the same problem with my 800 series, and my helix gen 3. You can ask on the humminbird forum; but I think you'll get the same answer. All the people I know that have humminbirds have had to do it . I lost my depth reading on my 800 series at 8 ft, and 10 ft on my gen 3 until I bought a new helix Y cable for my through the hull transducer.