Thread: Bayou bienvenue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bayou bienvenue

I don’t know who’s interested but... if anybody is looking for a place to go catch some bass and not picky on size, bayou bienvenue is the place to go...

it’s absolutely unreal the numbers of green fish in that place!! I went today and I lost count at 20 on 1 stretch of bank.. left and hit another stretch of bank, with about the same results!!

big hint, find rocks... (rocks are everywhere, find rocks with hyacinths blown against them)

2. Member
    Wish it wasn't so far.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BARRY J View Post
    Wish it wasn't so far.

Me too!! Takes me almost 20 minutes to get to the launch!! Chef pass is out my back door but there’s so much better variety of stuff to fish at bienvenue... there’s deep, shallow, pilings, rocks, plenty of grass.. and a relatively small area, no big boat needed.. definitely don’t have to burn much gas to find bites there!!

4. Member
    What baits are you using? Jig head with swim bait ? Plastic worm?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by supersano View Post
    What baits are you using? Jig head with swim bait ? Plastic worm?
    I pretty much only ever throw a Texas rigged plastic but others have been doing good on topwaters (pop r/chug bug type stuff) and cranks around the locks..

I usually always try to find my own thing... people are taking numbers to get in line to fish around the locks..

any stretch of rocks will have bass on them right now..

Yesterday I caught all mine on a swim senko Texas rigged with a 3/16th weight and a baby brush hog.. all on rocks..

just find rocks with current..

6. Member
    Took 10 years of people looking at us like we stupid when we say we bassfishing... But word is out. Launches suck, shallow land minds, pirates, knats, sharknadoes and eye gouging sea gulls. It might have bass. ��

7. Member
    Yeah, word has been out... there’s plenty bass there tho.. the numbers of 10-12 inch bass are pretty unreal!!

pirates? Please explain that one..

8. Member
    And yes, all the ramps there suck... they all require 2 people to launch/load or you better wear crocs or flip flops... can’t even launch at Eddie pintos if the tide has the lillies pushed in..

9. Member
    I’m just picking...a buddy who trout fishes told me 10 years ago he caught some bass so I started spending alotta time there. It’s was an Awsome secret for years. No pirates just scaring ppl. Luckily I have a smaller Aluminum boat I fish out a lot there because I have destroyed some props and a lower unit on my big boats. Still have tons to learn the waters seems endless but wrong turns can be costly. It’s shallow like Delacroix but a lot more hard stuff.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmn520 View Post
    I’m just picking...a buddy who trout fishes told me 10 years ago he caught some bass so I started spending alotta time there. It’s was an Awsome secret for years. No pirates just scaring ppl. Luckily I have a smaller Aluminum boat I fish out a lot there because I have destroyed some props and a lower unit on my big boats. Still have tons to learn the waters seems endless but wrong turns can be costly. It’s shallow like Delacroix but a lot more hard stuff.

yeah more hard stuff for sure... between old sunken boats, parts of boats, roofs, and rocks placed for erosion control, one definitely could have a bad day there!! Yesterday morning right at daylight a bassboat took off shooting out across the marsh straight out from Eddie pintos... I just ducked my head and waited for a loud noise... I guess he’s run it before and was following a gps route because he never let up...

I like that better, than running the dike canal. If you take that route, look for the red sea-cans in the middle of the marsh. As soon as you pass them, cut a hard right, then sharp left to go under the power lines. Run a straight line to the bank to the East(in front of you at this point). Look for a turn and break in the marsh, and then turn hard right. Immediately after, there's another break on your left yo go in. Once you are in, you are now in Bayou Villere, which can take you all over to some nice ponds, or straight North to the dike canal. I've been out there a long long time. Katrina pushed a lot of huge obstructions into the dike that sunk. As long as you run the crab trap floats, you will be fine though. If you ever fish the North(bank) side of the dike, you will come across all kinds of large objects with your trolling motor. Now days during the week, I'll fish Bayou Bienvenue marsh, but on weekends I don't mess with the crowd. I head straight down to the Violet locks and go fish MRGO. I've found that in Bayou B, I'll catch numbers, but on the MRGO side I'll catch size.

Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    yeah more hard stuff for sure... between old sunken boats, parts of boats, roofs, and rocks placed for erosion control, one definitely could have a bad day there!! Yesterday morning right at daylight a bassboat took off shooting out across the marsh straight out from Eddie pintos... I just ducked my head and waited for a loud noise... I guess he’s run it before and was following a gps route because he never let up...

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

I have tried BB at the end of December before. Caught a few, but not many fish around it seemed. Ended up going to Delacroix for Reds to save the trip. Looking at coming down first weekend of December to Venice for bass and reds. Wanted to try the bass especially, but i know the duck is closed then. Do you know of a good bass area to try in Venice when the duck is closed? I have been down to Venice 3 times, so i am fairly familiar. Never been down in Nov-dec tho.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

13. Member
    Venice is a beast..... big ole area and the green fish are only in small parts of it... I’ve gone and caught a few and I’ve gone way more and struck out having to settle for redfish..

my boat is too small to do a whole lot of running around down there... that river kicked my butt last time I was there.. it was great back when I had a bigger boat but the area I fished back then is open water nowadays!!

14. Member
    I got to say Marshman will go where the fish are. He may be in the spillway then Toledo Bend or Chefs pass Bayou Black and he knows where they are. I just fish my same area don’t venture too far. If they biting good if not I go back to camp. He will go try em.

15. Member
    December in venice is a dice game. Few things prepare for fog so thick you loose your running light which means you fish in Venice marina until it lifts or if it does. water rising makes bass more difficult especially if cold river water starts getting into the bass areas. It can be Awesome and I’ve had only afew bad trips in November to December but I’ve also stayed away in certain situations.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JR21RDC View Post
    I got to say Marshman will go where the fish are. He may be in the spillway then Toledo Bend or Chefs pass Bayou Black and he knows where they are. I just fish my same area don’t venture too far. If they biting good if not I go back to camp. He will go try em.

I haven’t always been that way... just in past several years I learned the marsh over around Slidell, ventured to Delacroix and that was my circle... I grew up fishing the basin but hadnt fished it regular for probably 10 years.... work usually keeps me bowed up busy.. moved to Venetian isles 2 years ago and haven’t had to go anywhere to find fish other than an occasional splurge trip to Delacroix.... this year, with the virus junk, I’ve been off work since I got fired/let go in March so I’ve been fishing so much that I grew bored with my circle.. made a few awesome trips to the basin, couple good trips to Delacroix and bienvenue.... I’ve never been to Toledo bend... I’ve never in my life fished a reservoir..

an accident put me out of tourney fishing back in ‘04... never got back in to it... I’m happy being free and easy.. if they bite, fine, if not, that’s fine too...

and living here next door to chef pass(I can see lake borgne from my front door) it’s fun to play with the 50-100 green fish a day, or hunt the redfish in the ponds.... speckled trout get pretty thick here close to home in the cold months..

17. Member
    Hey man if we go back to Toledo Bend you can come.
    Wife has me working on the house new Sheetrock, base board, skim walls,paint, new closet shelves. Material stacked up in the house so cannot get around not doing something.
    Work busy, getting my new 1448 tracker lights going, prop setup right 11p 1 person, 10p 2 people or 4 blade, and cutting grass up there on a lot.
    Got cut some grass soon, so I probably go up there for a 2 days and a night.
    Pretty much all you need to bring is food as we got a place and have some sort of boat.
    Either my small one on friends larger boat.

As far as bass been catching them shallow in the shade Texas rig,
    and deep on points along on brush piles.
    Kind of fish what you like and you can catch solid fish.
    When I go it first doing stuff on the lot and second bass fishing.
    Last edited by jlsch1; 08-16-2020 at 08:54 AM.

18. Member
    Marshman if you get down here to the basin and don’t feel like making the trip back to Slidell or you want to spend a couple days I got a camp by Adams landing it’s comfortable I’m retired so I’m here when I can which is weekly. PM me if you want. I got a brother who lives by you in Eden Isle he fishes your circle too. He does good he fishes with that Dudley guy every now and then. Y’all have the best of both worlds no doubt about it.

19. Member

20. Member
    I don’t know... I was trying to post a couple pics from today... I guess im too stupid.... posting pics on this site has always sucked..

anyway, stayed in the backyard today off the chef.. caught a few, more like 15, and a keeper redfish...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast