Thread: Bayou bienvenue

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks for the info on Venice. My boat is ok in the river. I did take a beat down last time i was down on the way back in from out running a storm. Took 4-5 over the bow. Fortunately it was August, so it wasnt cold. That river can be damn nasty for sure!! I am waiting til mid november to decide about coming down there. If the water is high, i wont even try it. As for the fog, i didnt even think about that. That may the clincher on not trying it.
    2022 Blazer 675 Ultimate
    2022 Merc 300 Pro XS
    2017 YZ250F
    Kenny Hollingsworth<<<<<<<<<MY NAME!
    828 674 6752
    Hendersonville NC<<<<MY LOCATION!!

2. Member
    Venice can be tricky at times. I've had great trips with the river over 15' in NO and bad trips with the water under 5'. If you have to default back to Delacroix there are bass there too. December, January can be pretty good in Delacroix.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmn520 View Post
    December in venice is a dice game. Few things prepare for fog so thick you loose your running light which means you fish in Venice marina until it lifts or if it does. water rising makes bass more difficult especially if cold river water starts getting into the bass areas. It can be Awesome and I’ve had only afew bad trips in November to December but I’ve also stayed away in certain situations.
    Me and a buddy took out the Marina in the fog got to tiger pass and it was as if someone painted the area gray couldn’t see nothing we crossed to the other side and got in the trees. We could hear big crew boats as they get to us they shutdown they could see us on the radar. We continue to idle headed to the camp canal to go fish the jungle. As we approached what seemed to be a large wall I cut to the right to go around it several barges tied to the trees were sitting there. We finally got to the sign at the mouth of the canal I was so glad to see that canal. We fished in there till we could see and finished our day. Will never do that again from now on stay in the Marina fish the piers.

4. Member
    I see you didn’t invite me.
    Went yesterday and caught limit of reds and marsh bass.
    Did get into two nice bass one 3 lbs and one 2lbs off a moss boss.
    Got tired of a ***** in a 21ft bass boat with a 200 hp going full speed right next to me.
    Guess next time I need to bring my 21 pro gator with 250 MERCURY to show give this ***** a run for his money. After I do what he did to me and other people I think the Progator will send a clear message not to do it again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12