1. Member
    My settings:
    TVG off
    Noise rejection Medium
    Gain low 60's
    Color gain 80%
    Depth manual
    Forward view 40'
    As you can see my transducer is on a separate pole with an 8 degree cant. I move it as needed to really pinpoint where my transducer is aiming.

Garmin wants me to shoot another video at the same location using factory default settings on my black box.
    Leonard if possible I'll do one with the strings your suggesting as well.

2. Member
    Reset defaults. Then change TVG to OFF, Noise Rejection to OFF, Gain Auto High. What you should see is the raw sonar data coming in. It will be a mess, but look carefully at it. That's what the software has to work with to then try and make a picture of what is there. The first cleanup would be to turn the gain down. That affects every return but eliminates a lot of the small stuff. The next cleanup is Noise Rejection. The only choices are Off, Low, Med, High. IMO the software would perform better with numerical settings 1,2,3......20, to give us very selective choices on just how much cleaning up we want, without eliminating desireable returns, even if it means leaving some of the ghost tree on screen. The software we use is general purpose to accomodate a wide variety of depths and ranges; a kind of one size fits all. I don't know that it can be done but I have suggested to Garmin to allow for user defined ranges and depths and then the sonar be optimized to perform best at those depths and ranges.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Thanks Leonard, good information. Would love to see additional control adjustments.

4. Member
    That's how the pic #2 looks to me. I've circle what looks to me like three levels of return from the bottom. Bright out to about 17ft. Significantly dimmed from 17-28. Slightly brighter beyond 28.
    LWinchester2

Upon further review I agree that there is indeed a difference in the bottom return in pic #2.

Good eye.

5. Member
    Roy I really feel for you ls was so good before perspective view. I bought another just for perspective view but I think it sucks. My old one has 2.0 software and it's great. I am going to set my new one with the newest software on another pole for my sweetheart of 37 years and she will have her own hope it works ok.

6. Banned
    50f ...........2.41 version

7. Member
    Kulibin,
    Sorry I don't understand French?
    Can you translate and is this related to what I'm seeing?
    Thanks,
    Roy

I forgot Roy. What software version?

Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    Kulibin,
    Sorry I don't understand French?
    Can you translate and is this related to what I'm seeing?
    Thanks,
    Roy
    That's not french, it's Russian or some other Slavic language.
    8410XSV, 8612XSV
    GT15, GT40, PS30
    GPSMAP 536
    2022 Lund Impact XS 1775
    115 Pro XS

10. Member
    Don't know a word you said but your unit had a good picture,

11. Member
    MonteSS , I'm using the latest software version from Garmin 2.41 for the black box and whatever new one that just came out a couple of weeks ago for my Ultra 12" unit.

12. Banned
    this is a video forward at 50 feet range, black box version 2.41 ....
    Device - GPSMap 1222 Plus.
    Big stones at the bottom ...

13. Banned
    I have two Livescopes installed on one pole.
    Here is a video of a sunken boat ... forward range 150 feet, perspective range 130 feet. Depth--- 27 feet ...
    Both black boxes version 2.41.

14. Banned
    360 or Perspective ?........Range 80 feet at depth 18 feet.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Royt View Post
    I think that I got it to work. Check out my video here!

My electronics guy has a video that shows it better than that. I also posted pics here clearly showing it. I got the same reaction you did.

FWIW I went out with a brand new system on a new boat yesterday. My guy did the install so I know it was done correctly. Dead spot between 5-10 feet just like you are seeing. Mine is between 2-8 feet no matter the settings or depth.

Everytime I read those telling us how to fix it or blaming it on us I think of the saying, "Defending the indefensible is a sign of mental illness." :-)

16. Member
    While my dead spot is not as large as yours, it is there. I tried all the settings suggested from garmin and here and still have issues. I had mine almost 18 months before the perspective view with absolutely NONE of these issues! Our issues are from that update period and there appears to be no way to correct them as of now. I have just about given up on getting back the amazing images I used to have.

17. Member
    Roy,as i look at your video ,your unit look better than mine did,i got rid of it and bought the one from my friend ,much better still have some weak spot in middle got 241 update,so each box is different,going to be trying something different if it comes in this week

18. Member
    Pfisher I would love to see your video, I know TOC sent Garmin a video as well. I'm not sure how many more videos Garmin needs. The guy I'm working with says complaints are really down since the release of the 2.41 software update. I'm not convinced. He says that he doesn't expect another update anytime soon.

GeneC, I'm glad your unit is better, mine is not. Seems crazy to have to keep trying different black boxes to find one that works better than others, I know you know what your doing and what your seeing.

I'm going to try to beat the heat and get out early tomorrow morning just to do some testing as per Garmin and Leonard. If so I'll post my results.
    It sure would be nice just to go out and fish with Livescope instead of testing for Garmin on something they definitely know is an issue.

19. Member
    Roy. It would help if you had your compass calibrated to show the boat icon. It would show the turning of the transducer.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

20. Member
    I went back to 16.10 with 2.10 for box weak zone went away but have a little ghost tree that is adjustable . Not losing half of the timber or jig as jig falls down tree
    catching fish again . Wish someone had 17.10 with 2.20 for box that was the best for GPSMAP series as far as I'm concerned .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast