Megabass Levante Enforcer vs. Orochi Enforcer vs. Destroyer Brigand

Looking into these rods to serve as a heavy drop shop option for fishing in upstate NY. Usually throwing 1/2 - 5/8oz drop shot weights in current. How different is the Brigand vs. the Orochi XX? How much more am I gaining with the Orochi over the Levante? Would be matched with a 4000-CXH size Certate or Luvias...maybe even an Exist 3012H? Thanks and best wishes on the water!

Just get the US Destroyer Brigand. You're already pairing this rod with a premium reel and you'll wonder if you chose one of the others. The XX Enforcer is a very nice rod indeed, but the Brigand is noticeably more sensitive when dragging tubes or larger DS rigs across the bottom.

For that kind of reel, I’d really looking at the Brigand. I do have the Enforcer and it’s sweet, but after holding the Brigand this week makes me wish I would of stepped up however I do like split cork grips but that’s me. You’ll be happy with the Brigand, I think the Exsit is overkill for what you’re doing here, stick with the Luvias or Certate imo. My enforcer is for tubes and dark sleepers up to 1/2oz, I’ll even throw weightless plastics too and shakyheads.

4. Member
    I have the Brigand and it’s nice, but a little stiffer overall than I was hoping. If you’re throwing heavy stuff, it would probably be fine. I was looking at the XX Enforcer, but the handle length on that one has me hesitant. I feel like the rear grip would get in the way as it’s a couple inches longer than most spinning rods that length. You might take a look at the P5 Destroyer “Wind Buster”. It’s an F3.5 power but it feels at least a half power heavier than the other 3.5 power rods in the Megabass USA line. If has a little slower action as well.