Oil Transfer pump on 05 HPDI

Hi,

My alarm went off for low oil, i tried the switch and it wouldnt pump oil. I removed the remote oil tank and the pump is not spinning. It does get hot to the touch when the motor is on, so it is calling for oil.

Anyone rebuild one of those pumps or just spend the $180 on a new one?

2. Member
    Might check to see if it is stopped up with gunk ,if not new pump ???? Never heard of a rebuild.

3. Member
    Isn't there a tiny filter in the line.

4. Member
    just as a follow up - one of the magnets in the armature housing came unglued and was grounding out the armature. there is not much to these pumps, the brushes and everything looked good for another 100,000. re-glued the magnets and works perfect.

5. Member
    Way to Go

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shallowhal View Post
    just as a follow up - one of the magnets in the armature housing came unglued and was grounding out the armature. there is not much to these pumps, the brushes and everything looked good for another 100,000. re-glued the magnets and works perfect.
    Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

I had the same thing happen a few years ago. Cleaned everything inside the pump motor up with contact cleaner, re-glued the magnet with Gorilla glue, let dry for 24 hours, re-assembly, been working fine since.

Tip: Keep some oil in the boat so if it happens again you can top off the oil tank on the motor and keep going.