08' bassport pro with 15' 250 pro xs with SM 1.62

I ran a stock Bravo xs 28 saturday to 83.7 in 95 degree air and 87 degree water with 3 lithium's and 5/8+ gas...6000 RPM...it was still pulling but ran out of water.. the water wasn't great

Should I buy a 29 XS? I know its the same prop with cup...or should I buy a 30 and B&B it to try and make up some RPM's

I'm hearing the bassport wants cup but....

I had a 27 Bravo (I had AGM's though) that would only get 81 and just wasn't too impressive

I'm trying to decide on which pitch for a fishing prop spring and summer

THX guys

I would wait and run it again with that 28 first and see what your real top rpm number is before making that decision. You mentioned you ran out of water......you really don't have good data to make the right decision imo.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

If you get the chance be sure to try a Promax. I've converted two Bassport 2 stroke guys from a Bravo after trying mine.

Are you running poles on the back? Promax is my choice for a fishing wheel and I own a Bravo as well. Most complain about the spin up on holeshot but that is the way it is designed and works well on some applications.
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    If you get the chance be sure to try a Promax. I've converted two Bassport 2 stroke guys from a Bravo after trying mine.
    What pitch Promax were you running on your rig? Thank you.
    Brian Schuler
    USMC Retired

A true Hero gets out of bed every morning and goes about lifes daily tasks unnoticed, unassuming, and unsung.

A true Hero takes on responsibility, speaks kindly, acts fairly, endures patiently. And facing every day with simple strength.

A true Hero persists in the things that really matter.

2013 Allison BasSport Pro Elite
    Mercury 250 Sport XS

Depended on elevation and load.
    At one time I had a 25 for a couple of lakes that were from 4200 to 6500 ft. Also had a 28- 29 and 30 for lower elevation's. The 29 got most of the heavy tournament work on my last boat. Which had the 3.2 ltr 300XS on it with 1.75 to 1 gears.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I ran a stock Bravo xs 28 saturday to 83.7 in 95 degree air and 87 degree water with 3 lithium's and 5/8+ gas...6000 RPM...it was still pulling but ran out of water.. the water wasn't great

Should I buy a 29 XS? I know its the same prop with cup...or should I buy a 30 and B&B it to try and make up some RPM's

I'm hearing the bassport wants cup but....

I had a 27 Bravo (I had AGM's though) that would only get 81 and just wasn't too impressive

I'm trying to decide on which pitch for a fishing prop spring and summer

THX guys
    I had the same set up other than 2+2 bassport. My everyday prop was a 27 Bravo XS, I also tried a 28 XS but like the holeshot and acceleration better with the 27. Would top out about 87 in good conditions and was a 84 mph no matter how loaded I was. The 1.62 lower vs the 1.75 makes a lot of difference in holeshot depending on prop. I also had a 28XOB and 29 Bravo XS with this set up and the 27 saw 90% usage. The XOB was the fastest prop and would run a solid 94 in good water. The engine on this boat was a 05' 250xs so it was a little stronger than a standard 250.

Currently I have a 300XS 1.62 on a 2+2 and experimenting with props currently. I have a 28XOB that has been customized to my set up and it runs pretty strong but looking for a everyday wheel that I can load heavy and have quicker acceleration. Trying a borrowed 27XS this evening. I know it will be a little short for any top end but so long as it accelerates and has a good holeshot Im good most of the time. I would like to try a promax at some point if I get lucky and find someone close who will let me borrow one lol.
    2008 Allison XB21 2+2
    2011 Mercury 300XS