Otter Tail County Lakes

All, I am going to be in Otter Tail County for a long weekend in two weeks, wondering if anyone could make any recommendations for Largemouth lakes in the area. I've been looking over MN Lake Finder and found a few prospects, to start out on. Not looking for spots, just lakes with decent populations, haven't ever been to this part of MN surprisingly. Feel free to IM me privately if that makes you feel better.

Thanks!

I don't know the lakes up there, but I think it will be hard to find a bad one up there

3. Member
    I don’t have personal experience, but a buddy from our club goes up there every year. I asked him and this is what he told me...
    in otter tail county. North Turtle and Norway for big fish. Bass Lake, Pleasant Lake, and Middle Lake for numbers

good luck! Hope ya get into em!

Never have I done good in a "bass lake" haha. If you are not on them in a hour fishing how you want to fish go to a new lake haha
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    I was on North Turtle the first week in June, twice. I won't be going back until they fix the ramp. Not enough water on it to even get off the trailer. Huge hole at the end of the concrete and not willing to back the trailer wheels down past the concrete. It's always been shallow but the lake seems to be lower this year to complicate things.

I live in the area. There are a number of great lakes. I would suggest Big Pine, Marion, and Rush if you like fishing reeds. Little McDonald can hold some decent fish under docks and in the bay full of pads. Dead Lake and Star Lake are fun and have hosted pro tournaments. I live near East Battle Lake which has some nice fish. Pickerel Lake near Ottertail Lake has some nice smallmouth.

7. Member
    Anxious to hear how the trip went as I'm going back to that area in a couple of weeks.

Same!!! I gave him a ton of info lol, im sure he did pretty good, but the weather has been kind of weird up here lately.
    Chris Shields

Quantum Fishing
    All-Terrain Tackle
    Blackfish Gear
    Power Pole
    Legit Custom Rods

9. Member
    Do you know if the ramp has been improved? Had a heck of a time getting back on the trailer without falling off the end of the ramp..
    Quote Originally Posted by getanet View Post
    Same!!! I gave him a ton of info lol, im sure he did pretty good, but the weather has been kind of weird up here lately.