Thread: RT188 pricing

RT188 pricing

What is a fair price to sell this boat at? I'm trying to decide whether to sell or not. Thinking of expanding to a bay boat but ultimately if I sell this I will only do it if it's worthwhile. I've found there's no perfect boat for everything I want to do. However this boat is a great boat. Tough decision.

2018 Ranger RT 188
    115 Evinrude Etec HO with 8.5 years warranty (30 to 40hrs on the motor)
    Sportsman power pole
    Helix 7 in console and up front
    Lock r bar
    3 bank charger
    Trolling motor (I will keep the motor that's on it for a spare on my other boat and include a NIB motorguide X5 80lb foot control $1200 value)
    Ventilation system in storage
    Spare tire
    Pro trim
    Boat buckle ratchet tie downs
    POR15 trailer coating for additional protection

2. Member
    Before you decide on a Bay Boat, I went through the same process, but with a 16' Tin boat. I fished all over the Marsh and MS River at Venice, LA in that Tin, but I wanted a 24" side boat to go to the Bays. Went back to a tin boat after a couple of years because there was no space for 3 batteries and the 12V TM couldn't hold in the wind. Besides, caught a lot more fish in the River and the Marsh. You can have your dealer add more anodes to your boat and motor for salt water use. Change out the trailer bunk bolts to zinc and give the rig a good pressure wash with a lot of soap when you get home. It would be hard, for me to give up 6.5 years of warranty. Bombardier will stand by the warranty.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

3. Member
    Yeah that's true. Would like something that would serve as a inshore boat but also has the ability to go offshore on a calm day

4. Member
    I would think a little north of 20k. I would not pay much more if I was buying it. It is a great fishing boat and I love mine. You also have it set up nicely. My problem would be the Evinrude. People can type what they want, but really nobody knows what is going to happen over time. It seems that I remember when they bought the brand involved with the Ficht design. I believe that depending on the motor that some people were left holding the bag. Also, they can back the warranty all they want but what dealer is going to rep them? Where are techs going to get training on a very unique design? What Merc or Yamaha dealer is going to mess with one for a reduced hourly warranty rate? In three or four years where can you get it fixed? You just don't know how this will shake out.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

5. Member
    I've been debating selling my 2016, lately. I was thinking I could get like $17 or $18k out of it, maybe. I would think $20k for a 2018 would be a fair price.

6. Member
    It's hard to say what Evinrude will do but at the same time some definitely want Evinrude regardless of all the other things

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    I've been debating selling my 2016, lately. I was thinking I could get like $17 or $18k out of it, maybe. I would think $20k for a 2018 would be a fair price.
    Yep, about 20K is what I figure my fairly loaded 2017 would sell for. My boat still looks like the day I brought it home. Warranty is a big deal to buyers. I have the Merc Platinum for another three years.

Quote Originally Posted by llsdjv View Post
    It's hard to say what Evinrude will do but at the same time some definitely want Evinrude regardless of all the other things
    All you gotta do is ride in one and itll make a fan out of you every time

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    All you gotta do is ride in one and itll make a fan out of you every time
    If I already had one, I would probably keep it and see what happens with warranty and service support.

If I did not already own one....there is no way I would buy one unless it was bargain basement pricing. Why even take a risk you don't have to take? Too many good motors out there...buy a Zuke, Merc or Yam. Why take a risk you don't have to take? Why risk your money? Nobody knows how this will shake out. Nobody.

As to the original question, I would not pay over 20K and would not probably pay that. The motor situation hurts.
    ----------------------------
    The bitterness of poor quality is remembered
    long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten - Benjamin Franklin

2013 RANGER RT188 - YAMAHA F115 - ULTREX - LOWRANCE GRAPHS
    LOCK-N-HAUL Transom Saver, ALL ABOARD Emergency Ladder
    1996 RANGER CHEROKEE - 40 YAMAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Panama View Post
    If I already had one, I would probably keep it and see what happens with warranty and service support.

If I did not already own one....there is no way I would buy one unless it was bargain basement pricing. Why even take a risk you don't have to take? Too many good motors out there...buy a Zuke, Merc or Yam. Why take a risk you don't have to take? Why risk your money? Nobody knows how this will shake out. Nobody.

As to the original question, I would not pay over 20K and would not probably pay that. The motor situation hurts.
    They know that if anything besides stellar service happens they will never see a dime of their new ghost investment and probably hurt their other product lines

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

11. Member
    I listed it here. Price is negotiable

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by llsdjv View Post
    What is a fair price to sell this boat at? I'm trying to decide whether to sell or not. Thinking of expanding to a bay boat but ultimately if I sell this I will only do it if it's worthwhile. I've found there's no perfect boat for everything I want to do. However this boat is a great boat. Tough decision.

2018 Ranger RT 188
    115 Evinrude Etec HO with 8.5 years warranty (30 to 40hrs on the motor)
    Sportsman power pole
    Helix 7 in console and up front
    Lock r bar
    3 bank charger
    Trolling motor (I will keep the motor that's on it for a spare on my other boat and include a NIB motorguide X5 80lb foot control $1200 value)
    Ventilation system in storage
    Spare tire
    Pro trim
    Boat buckle ratchet tie downs
    POR15 trailer coating for additional protection
    Below is a link to asking price ranges for 2016-2019 RT 188s for sale if that helps.
    https://www.smartmarineguide.com/boa...88&y=2016.2019
    2020 Vexus AVX2080
    HDS 9 Lives