Replacing rod guide on tip?

The rod guide on the tip of the rod is missing the plastic insert (line is rubbing against the metal). I have the replacement guide but not sure how to remove the existing guide that's on there now?

Thanks,

Robert

2. Member
    Put a little heat to it using a lighter or a candle or such, not much, that will melt the glue holding the tip on then twist lightly and pull. If you dont have the adhesive to put it back on a little hot glue stick will work. heat the glue stick dab onto tip of the blank then slide the tip top on... alls good,,, Mychael

3. Member

Be careful with the heat and DO NOT TWIST IT to remove it. Graphite doesn't respond well to excess heat and you can easily twist the tip off the rod.

5. Member
    You can use a small set of forceps to clamp on to the tip as a heat sync and something to pull and push the tip top with also which is how i do it. Another method if you have some room is a paper clip and rubberband as you heat the guide. The tip top will let go with the rubberband before you can apply to much heat to hurt the blank. As HJ said, no twisting allowed.

6. Member
    sorry bout the twist thing

Quote Originally Posted by omykee View Post
    sorry bout the twist thing
    Oh ... you CAN twist it a little. If you know how much and have changed a bunch of them. Just gotta be extremely careful and I don't suggest it for a 1st timer.