Banned

Non- electronics club

Fishing with 11pounder and was talking about clubs. Came up with the idea of a non- electronics club. You could use your graph while running for safety (depth) only no way points once boat is off plane the graph gets turned off.

Just if any of the guys in the Tulsa area would be interested in a club like that. Eliminate the electronics and go back to skill and luck.

I'd be up for it.

3. Member
    Me too

4. Member
    It's a good idea on paper. But what u gonna do when the same guys are winning? I'll wager that probably some/all of the same players will be in the mix.

Fwiw... the 2 guys who have dominated Grand for the past decade....only had a bottom tier garmin unit on their console for the first 6 or so boats they won.

5. Banned
    It would just have to be a gentleman agreement to leave them turned off. Only other thing you could do is make it a drawing club so you do not fish with the same guys.

6. Member
    I think you missed my point. Electronics are nice...but dont make the man.

I feel the same guys (more or less) will be at the top...electronics or no.

7. Banned
    Just thought it would be fun to go back to basics so when someone one it was because they are a good fisherman not because they have the latest gear or good at video games.

Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    I think you missed my point. Electronics are nice...but dont make the man.

I feel the same guys (more or less) will be at the top...electronics or no.
    And that's fine by me I would rather be beat by the man instead of the machine.

9. Banned
    Not sure I will even do it and most guys probably won't like what I have in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Just thought it would be fun to go back to basics so when someone one it was because they are a good fisherman not because they have the latest gear or good at video games.
    Back in the in day, flashers only and a 6' rod/reel and put the rod down in the water and if the reel was under the water..

We called it Reel Deep...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    And that's fine by me I would rather be beat by the man instead of the machine.
    I get your point. But...the ability to accurately read a graph...(which I wager, very few actually do correctly)...is still the man...

12. Member
    Houston we may have a problem

13. Member
    Exactly...

14. Banned
    My thought for the club would be...
    Cheap entry fees it's about fishing not money thinking $50 a boat. Short fish outs safe light till noon or so around 6 hours. Fish a variety of lakes never understood why a club fishes a lake more than once a season. 3 fish limit don't like the idea of carrying around a boat full of fish unless your going to eat them. No electronics what you weigh in is caught by skill or luck. If I do it that's about what it will be if you don't like it don't join.

15. Member
    Most of us were in that club before we got a boat fishing from the bank. But yes it is a good idea and would likely be more relaxing to fish that way.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    It's a good idea on paper. But what u gonna do when the same guys are winning? I'll wager that probably some/all of the same players will be in the mix.

Fwiw... the 2 guys who have dominated Grand for the past decade....only had a bottom tier garmin unit on their console for the first 6 or so boats they won.
    If your talking about the two guys in mind that I do they didn't need electronics they spent 3 or 4 evenings every week seeding brush piles.

17. Member
    you only seed them once when you place them.but when you have 50-60 to fish they just know which ones hold fish at a certain time of a weather pattern or year. They still do and still win

18. Member
    Im not in Tulsa unfortunately as Id love to participate in this. All of the tech has sort of caused me to lose interest.