Thread: Enid Lake

Enid Lake

Enid Lake is fishing good for bass again this year. I think the 3 years of high water has helped the fish numbers and allowed a lot of them to grow big. My buddy and I won a tournament there yesterday. We caught 14 bass and were able to cull up a best 5 that weighed 24.21lbs. We culled several fish that were over 3lbs and our last cull of the day was a 4lb 2oz that was replaced with a 4lb 4oz fish. May of this year in another tournament there, I caught the day’s big bass that weighed 7lbs 6oz. Looking forward to fishing Sardis Lake now to get ready for our August tournament. Maybe it will give up the big ones too.

2. Moderator
    Ive been part of several great trips over there as well. I love it over there.

I hear Sardis is on somewhat of a come back. A friend of mine went recently and caught em good, said he'd weighed over 23 or 24 if in a tournament.
    I BELIEVE!!!!

4. Member
    Yes sir, both Sardis and Enid are putting out good tournament weights. I prefer fishing them over Pickwick and Bay Springs (the other lakes we fish on the North Mississippi Bassmaster trail). I fish Sardis and Enid more because I live near Oxford but they are both fishing excellent.

5. Member
    What a difference a week makes! I went to Enid today and barely found any cooperative bass. The lake level has dropped and the extreme heat may have finally pushed my fish out to the more traditional summer places (deep points, rock piles, old house places, etc). I didn’t have time to check any of those out this morning but that’s what I’ll be doing the next time I go.

6. Member
    My buddy and I have been doing really well on Grenada Lake too. The high water years have definitely helped. I live right at Grenada, and the bass fishing there had gotten so bad I’d drive way off somewhere to fish before I’d fish Grenada.

7. Member
    It’s been a long time since I’ve fished Grenada Lake. I used to fish the Turkey Creek area (used Bryant Landing back then) and up the Skuna River a little (used the ramp just across the river bridge). The most recent outing I’ve had on Grenada was about 3 years ago with my cousin. We were prefishing for his and his son’s upcoming Oxford Bass Club tournament. We put in at the ramp on the south end of the dam and headed up the Yalobusha River. We got on some Carolina rig fish on some humps and an old road bed and some shallower Texas rig fish around cypress trees. They won their tournament that Saturday with 17lbs and some ounces. I wish that our trail would fish Grenada, especially since it’s fishing good.