Thumbs Up 2000 OX66 -200 HP - motor runs fine then Bogs down and shuts off?

Had the boat going around 45 miles an hour and all of a sudden the motor would just shut off -I pumped the ball a few times would run for another five minutes then would shut off..... i’m guessing a fuel starvation issue? Runs fine at low idle . Once I would punch it to get the RPMs up it would get up on plane and then just stall out....
    I always use star Tron and ring free anytime I put gas(87 octane) in the boat the boat only gets used about twice a month with the outboard.
    wondering if the fuel ball/fuel lines-Has something to do with this-Noticed one fuel line is a black color going to the ball while another one is a gray color-i’m guessing someone only changed part of the fuel line and perhaps the ball which never seems to get hard could be the culprit? Thoughts-I have had this boat for two years and the engine has run flawlessly and it was great today up until the last hour of the trip.... how would you approach a possible repair on this?

2. Member
    When was the last time you changed all of the fuel filters and the LP pumps?

3. Member
    I have not changed the pumps at all but fuel filter is replaced each year..,,,

4. Member
    Shutting off, as in the motor completely shuts off? Could be fuel pump relay or the high pressure fuel pump. The relay is a common issue with this engine. Relay is cheaper and easy to change. You can get an aftermarket VST pump from Amazon. OEM is expensive.

5. Member
    Is the aftermarket VST just as good as the expensive OEM one?
    thanks for the info :)

6. Member
    For right now I am going to swap out the fuel ball and fuel lines since one is black and one is gray and the ball doesn’t seem to get hard and also take a look at the fuel filter and go from there......

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    I have not changed the pumps at all but fuel filter is replaced each year..,,,
    Which filter did you replace? Just the one in the clear tube? There's 2 more that should get replaced at the same time.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    Is the aftermarket VST just as good as the expensive OEM one?
    thanks for the info :)
    Do not know. All I know is it is a lot less expensive.

If it is shutting off, as in completely shutting down, it is likely the relay. If it is bogging it could be the bulb or a filter, or a bad low pressure fuel pump.

9. Member
    One of the low pressure fuel pumps is leaking going to replace all three of them next week and also replaced the old fuel filter and ball....

10. Member
    Hey I had the exact same issue on my ox66.

It is the low pressure fuel pumps. Replace all 3 and you will be good to go.

11. Member
    Well I had my mechanic replace all three low pressure fuel pumps finally got the boat out for a good run and it’s still bogging down..... put a new fuel ball and fuel lines. I’m guessing the vapor separator tank must have some issues does that sound likely?
    Boat will run for a quarter mile and then all the sun hesitate almost like it’s starving for fuel And then runs fine for 15/20 seconds and then does it again ( anyone have advice or suggestions on what to do?

12. Member
    I had the same problem. It was the o2 sensor.

13. Member
    Decided we will replace 02 and service vst- keep u posted !

14. Member
    My mechanic discovered that the filter in the VST was completely clogged he removed / it cleaned it -as well as the VST and put it back in place and also serviceD the O2 sensor.