Cumberland guide?

Do the striper guides do any good in this heat? Can you guys recommend a good guide if so

2. Member
    Buddy just got back from a trip last Sunday and everyone limited out in just a couple hours. They used Sassers and have for several trips. Never have they not caught a limit.

With the heat I thought there was no way they would do well. Again I was wrong. Its the same guide that Ky Afield has used for their TV show.
    Last edited by Axkiker; 07-19-2020 at 08:21 PM.

3. Member
    Oh they'll bite. Just don't plan on turning them loose because they're done for. When i fish at night in spring when the water gets to around 70 i'm done until next spring for that very reason. I love catching the big boys at night.

Man we got 6 guys going. That's alot of filets.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    That's alot of filets.
    Mm mm good.

Well we went for 6 hours and caught 1 largemouth... Stripers just wouldn't eat. $650 hurts but the guide worked hard to get us on them. We had 5 big pull downs but they just had half the shad. That's why they call it fishing I spose

7. Member
    Well we went for 6 hours and caught 1 largemouth... Stripers just wouldn't eat. $650 hurts but the guide worked hard to get us on them. We had 5 big pull downs but they just had half the shad. That's why they call it fishing I spose
    Who did you use and what time did you go out ?

We went out from 6am til 12. I don't want to say who. He was a great guy and tried really hard to get us on them. I fish and know what a bad day is like. I paid and had no issues with it.

9. Member
    We went out from 6am til 12. I don't want to say who. He was a great guy and tried really hard to get us on them. I fish and know what a bad day is like. I paid and had no issues with it.
    Well that just sucks. My buddy was down there like just a couple weeks ago on a Sunday and they all had a limit. Like they say its called fishing not catching I guess.

Beats being at work anyways.

10. Member
    I’ve had days like that at Cumberland. Also had days where we limit out in the first hour. You said it, that’s fishing.
    Murray State Alum
    2007 Champion 210 with all the toys

11. Member
    Cumberland used to be full of Trophy class stripers Sure wish they would stop the live bait fishing
    "Luminous beings are we not this crude matter." Yoda

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbasser View Post
    Cumberland used to be full of Trophy class stripers Sure wish they would stop the live bait fishing
    Yep folks that didn't fish it years ago don't realize just how bad it suck compared to then. When's the last time you saw upper 30's to 40 pounders. The late 80's were incredible fishing for them because there wasn't many folks fishing for them. My cousin that passed away from cancer & i would go anytime in winter that it was 40* or over. He's wrap his bald head up in a towel right before blast off & make me drive so i'd be the one with the tears frozen all the way back into the ears when we got shut down. We'd catch a nice limit on what we call buck tails nowadays instead of doll flys with chartreuse grubs. Man we caught some numbers & some dang good ones too then.