Algae on the SJR

Water was hot , low 90's, algae all over the place. I know where I should have ran to but did not. Weighed 1 fish for 2.58. Oh well Sante Fe next month since Orange is losing water and hydrilla really thick.
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    Water was hot , low 90's, algae all over the place. I know where I should have ran to but did not. Weighed 1 fish for 2.58. Oh well Sante Fe next month since Orange is losing water and hydrilla really thick.
    The thicker the hydrilla the better, hope they dont spray it

Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    The thicker the hydrilla the better, hope they dont spray it
    They need to mechanically harvest some . To much if people are overheating the motors trying to leave the ramp.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATS View Post
    They need to mechanically harvest some . To much if people are overheating the motors trying to leave the ramp.
    Growing up in the 80's and 90's hydrilla was from one side of Orange to the other with holes in the mats. Fishing was stupid good. Lochoosa was one mat from 301 to cross creek, miss those days. Just trim the motor up till it chews it up like salad.

5. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Growing up in the 80's and 90's hydrilla was from one side of Orange to the other with holes in the mats. Fishing was stupid good. Lochoosa was one mat from 301 to cross creek, miss those days. Just trim the motor up till it chews it up like salad.
    Yep, I'll fight to get on plane any day over fighting to find a weed or blade of grass.

Last year we fished orange when the water was up and I launched trimmed all the way up and clogged before we got halfway out of the canal, 3 or 4 others did also. I am all for grass and weeds for fishing but that was ridiculous. Mechanicaly harvest the channels and it would be good.

We fished SJR the other day. Caught 5 or 6 dinks. We found bunches off shore but couldn't get bit. Went to another lake nearby and got a 5, a couple 2's and a monster bass that got in the pads and broke me off.

Quote Originally Posted by magnet View Post
    Went to another lake nearby and got a 5, a couple 2's and a monster bass that got in the pads and broke me off.
    and what lake was that

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

River lean...because water 85-90 daily..needs clouds m breeze...pads bunches not noisy most days...6.43 on buzzy after breeze got up best this summer on SJR...P bridge to L George.

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers