250SS Minimum Water Pressure

What is the the minimum recommended water pressure for a 250SS at WOT?

2. Member
    Mine runs 5-7 psi. Fixing to try the 300 screens to get more water

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman271 View Post
    Mine runs 5-7 psi. Fixing to try the 300 screens to get more water
    Those screens reduced my engine temperature by 5 to 10 degrees. I use to be pushing 175 degrees before the screens and now it's down to 167 while running WOT in 88 degree water.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

4. Randy Walker
    Wanted to piggy back on this one... dealer told me to save my money on buying a water pressure gauge because the pressure is so much lower than other brand motors. They said I have a temp sensor to see so if pressure was too low than I would see a spike in temp.. however I have the SMG4 gauge that shows the motor temp gauge but not in a number form, so only low or high... booter, do you have the C10 gauge? I'm thinking about linking my SMG4 to my lowrance and be able to get more data like I did before from my yamaha. I want to make sure I can see any water temp concerns...

5. Member
    You can add the SMG4 to an existing NMEA2000 network simply by connecting a drop cable from its NMEA2000 plug to a new T piece on the network, you will then get all available data onto the HDS that is also on the same network, and I am pretty sure this will include actual engine temps as a number or on a proper numbered gauge.

6. Member
    I know a little, my 2020 DF 200 runs about 10 PSI at WOT. I think the pressure tap is after the cylinder cooling and on the water discharge, where it is just a drain versus before the cylinders where it would be higher. There is a warning system if the pressure gets too low,

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onewalker View Post
    Wanted to piggy back on this one... dealer told me to save my money on buying a water pressure gauge because the pressure is so much lower than other brand motors. They said I have a temp sensor to see so if pressure was too low than I would see a spike in temp.. however I have the SMG4 gauge that shows the motor temp gauge but not in a number form, so only low or high... booter, do you have the C10 gauge? I'm thinking about linking my SMG4 to my lowrance and be able to get more data like I did before from my yamaha. I want to make sure I can see any water temp concerns...
    I am reading my engine vitals via NMEA 2000 on my Lowrance HDS Live unit. With the Live and maybe Carbon series, you can build custom engine displays. For mine, I monitor fuel economy, engine temperature, hours, trim, alternator and source voltage to include RPMS and SOG. I thought about getting the C10 gauge because then it will unlock the Suzuki remote display app on the Lowrance unit, but I feel it's not worth it, especially with all of the trouble that I've seen about that gauge going out. When I get home, I'll upload a picture of engine display on my Lowrance unit.

8. Randy Walker
    Moon & Boot.. thanks much... was hoping it was going to be just that easy.

9. Member
    Here's the custom engine monitor screen that I built on my HDS Live unit.

HDS Live gauge.jpg

10. Randy Walker
    nice...

11. Member
    And guys - if you were setting up with a new Suzuki engine, or at least one from 2016 onwards, there’s a special new Interface cable called a Connect cable, and it produces a customised Suzuki page on Lowrance and Simrad displays without needing a C-10 on the network!

Plus it gives all the fault codes and service reminders on your Lowrance as well.

So you could, if you wanted, have no other gauges at all on your dash. Just use the Lowrance display for it all.

A few people have already ditched their C-10’s and use a inexpensive display like a Simrad GO5 or GO7 flush mounted in the dash, no buttons at all, and a “glass bridge “ look that is very cool.