Thread: Noisy Seats

Noisy Seats

Please someone help me. I have a 2020 Rt188p. The seat posts and mounts are Springfield. The seats are terribly noisy, squeaking and popping. It sounds like it is in the spring. How the hell do I get rid of this? Its bad enough that other fisherman around us look everytime we turn or move in the seats. I am ready to replace the posts and seat mounts if anyone has a suggestion on a good one. These are junk!

2. Member
    Is the plastic bushing at the top of the post OK or is it worn and rough? That's what the spring rides on, so might make noise if it were worn or missing. If you're 400lb though it might be that that's the problem.

I relate to this, drives me crazy. I notice that the seats had a small plastic clip on the bottom of the pin that goes into the post. This thing came off early on and not having it makes the seat even more noisy.
    I have not been able to buy new ones, so thinking about making some.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

4. Member
    One of the plastic bushings on the bottom of mine fell off too. Its down in the post. These things are junk. First time on the water they were noisy and I thought they needed break in. Only, they are getting worse.

5. Member
    The plastic on top of the post is fine. They are new. I have only had the boat since April. They are new. I weigh 200. Weight doesnt matter though. 100 lb son and it still pops and squeaks. I honestly think its the $15 junk seat mounts they put on them. Was hoping someone can tell me a seat mount that is better.

6. Member
    My 2016 RT188 seats did the same thing. I Retightened the seats to the swivel and lubricated everything that moved and nothing helped. I bought 2 millennium seats and used the swivels that came with the Ranger seats. I’ve got no squeaks and pops now. I personally think the Ranger moulded seat is pure junk. I called Ranger and they wouldn’t warranty them ( Thanks Johnny). I really like the millennium seats

7. Member
    What are you calling the swivels? Mine just spin inside the post. Really my spring just spins on top of the post. Are my seats missing something?

8. Member
    Naw you’re not missing anything. I’m just old school that’s what they used to call them. There’s the flat plate with a stem and spring attached to it that slides down into the pedestal. The plate bolts to the seat. Make sure the bolts are tight and put some lubricant on the spring and stem. Hopefully that’ll fix it. I wasn’t so lucky. I replaced the seats and that stopped the noise. I truly understand how irritating the noise is.

9. Member
    I have lubricated everything. No change. I dont see how you can take the popping and creaking out of the spring.

10. Banned
    I thought I was the only one that had this issue. I’m going to try everything above to fix it.

11. Member
    Remove the spring. If that cures the problem,
    buy a taller post to regain your lost height.
    The spring is not a necessary item, I have
    been deleting them for yrs. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.