DIY Boat Cover Support

My little Tin has to sit outside under cover so I needed a cover support that was light, easy to install, easy to store and transport.
    This is what I came up with 6 years ago and it has worked well.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

2. Member
    Nice. I used pvc but the rope trick is great.
    2015 189 trx

3. Member
    Thanks

4. Member
    Great idea!

Ima use that idea as well. Thanks

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

6. Banned
    Like it, not sure if your in a area that gets snow though. Where I dowe can and my first boat I always tried something similar. But even when I tried keep up with a snow and keep it swept off sleep has to come and it would pile get heavy and tear or poke a hole with a small lift area under cover. Now I use 2 yoga balls. Filled with enough air to keep cover as tight as I need and if snow piles on it can only press down without stressing material enough to tear.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeet1 View Post
    Like it, not sure if your in a area that gets snow though. Where I dowe can and my first boat I always tried something similar. But even when I tried keep up with a snow and keep it swept off sleep has to come and it would pile get heavy and tear or poke a hole with a small lift area under cover. Now I use 2 yoga balls. Filled with enough air to keep cover as tight as I need and if snow piles on it can only press down without stressing material enough to tear.
    This is a good point. We never have snow and I doubt if this would work well with a snow load.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    This is a good point. We never have snow and I doubt if this would work well with a snow load.
    I just remembered that the reason I choose this particular pipe fitting is the boss I Point to in the picture. I had planned to use the thread in this boss to attach a ring through which I could pass a rope attached to each side of the transom to hold up the rear part of the cover. I never felt like I needed it but it would be helpful if you had to deal with snow.

So is the front piece that the rope is going through solid with a hole drilled in it just big enough so the knot does slip through?

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    So is the front piece that the rope is going through solid with a hole drilled in it just big enough so the knot does slip through?
    Yes, it is a PVC pipe plug that I drilled a hole through. I forget the pipe size but I took the seat post to Lowes and found a pipe sleeve that would slip over it and went from there.